The Ultimate Trials Mancave

ironbelly

I must be a bit odd then cos it looks bloody awful to me. I think a man cave should have a lathe,milling machine,Mig, Tig and loads of other kit like a large press and Oxy/Acetylene torch. there needs to be a woodburner and somewhere comfy to sit. Music is nice too...

And not forgetting the bikes,there needs to be plenty,British,Italian,Spanish and early Jap.:D

• Like 3

Design wise it's not to my taste, too modern, but that's not really the point. That the space exists and he's got this stuff is cool enough for me. The fact that he's got it in a modern basement while I'd rather it be in a 1700's barn is besides the point.

Edited by heffergm

I always think of a "man cave" as being a shed or garage ... that's more of a little museum / office.  Also not to my taste (very clinical, and it would be odd for me to see my own name written on everything), but it's nice that he has it as he likes it :)

• Like 1

To me a man cave is where the man wants to spend his free time  when it's time to step away from it all,  whether that's a shop with tools or a glorified office with trials motorcycles and other fun stuff it doesn't really matter it's up to him. 

My 2 cents.

• Like 3

I'll certainly be doing something similar to my abode though maybe not quite to Jasons standard.

Question is  how do I get rid of  two children and a wife that's a pillar of the local community without arousing suspicion?

Perhaps a well worn Ossa a ridden to death Scorpa  a bitza Fantic section a vandalised Fantic 80 and the roughest Oset in Scotland wont quite hack it .

Other problem might be I'll have to wash some of my trials gear there's a white thing in a room somewhere that does these things but I can't claim I've used it.

I'll get there.

Edited by breagh
  • Like 2

On 20/12/2017 at 6:35 PM, ironbelly said:

Wow!!! seems to be a few green eyed monsters here, I’ve sent jason the link for this thread via Facebook, hopefully he will shed some light? 

I'm curious to know what you think I'd do with a "man cave"?

Edit: Interesting edit you did there, taking out all the quotes of other people makes the thread look rather different!

Edited by turbofurball
Edit McEditface

18 hours ago, ironbelly said:

Wow!!! seems to be a few green eyed monsters here.

Nah, you got me wrong, I'm just a mostly happy weirdo that likes old things. Forgot to mention that cobwebs and dust are welcome in my workshop / mancave.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

42 minutes ago, ironbelly said:

@b40rt seems you wasn't happy with your first reply that didn't get a response? So you want another go? I jumped the gun on the thread and private messaged those saying so! The fire has gone out and left the building fella.

@ironbelly  It is an open forum !! 

I've just never found the argument "if you disagree with me you must be jealous," a very convincing one.

• Like 1