Scottish trials at 6 day site ?

rootsman2

Hello, I chatted up Mieke de Vos at the SSDT who mentioned there are events throughout the year and they were posted here at TC, I tried finding some 2017 events but was able. I live in the States and would love to come over for an event as a vacation (of course, I'd have to rent a bike as well). This is really a dream come true for me. Due to hardship (both financial and medical - I had a stroke, cancer, both hips replaced, divorced and bankrupt but I AM BACK like the flash!) I haven't had a vacation in over 10 years and recently returned to twin shock trials. I have a pair of 1974 Sherpa T (250 & 325) that I love. Any pointers would be great and thank you. 

your brother from the States, Travis

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

• Today at 3:22 AM

Notable trials coming up in 2018 - Pre65 Scottish and SSDT. http://www.ssdt.org

Highland 2 Day  http://www.idmcc.co.uk/highland-classic-trial/

To compete in either of these, your biggest issue is going to be insurance. Both events would require re-patriation of some sort, usually from your governing body, IF that can be arranged ! Check this out first as your medical history will have a significant impact.

• Like 1

Don't bother with the Pre 65 Scottish as it is for British and European riders, USA doesn't qualify !!!!!. I tried to get an entry a few years ago  but it was pointed out that I am not eligible as I live in Australia.

I turned my thoughts to the International Manx Classic 2 day event in the Isle of Man and was welcomed with open arms. I rode it in 2013 and 2015 and have been accepted for 2018, a truly international event and a great bunch of people organising it. 

1 hour ago, cub200 said:

Don't bother with the Pre 65 Scottish as it is for British and European riders, USA doesn't qualify !!!!!. I tried to get an entry a few years ago  but it was pointed out that I am not eligible as I live in Australia.

I turned my thoughts to the International Manx Classic 2 day event in the Isle of Man and was welcomed with open arms. I rode it in 2013 and 2015 and have been accepted for 2018, a truly international event and a great bunch of people organising it. 

US rider Dennis Sweeten rode the Pre 65 and SSDT last year.

Hi Rootsman sure sounds like you've had a rough time.

b40  mentions some of the major trials but there's local stuff on every week.

If you ever make it across to one of our trials you can have my bike.

Scottish acu website normally has details of upcoming events for our AMCA stuff try East Scotland Trials.

Hope your luck improves.i

• 1 month later...

On 12/23/2017 at 6:07 PM, lineaway said:

Dennis finished 147th, his son 152 and his daughter 233rd at this years SSDT. She went on to win the 2nd day of the Trial 2 Women of the USA world round. Pretty good trials year for the family.

He's getting old & his knees are shagged, was capable of top 50 when I rode round with him. We rode 3 consecutive years together & had a good laugh.

• Like 3

On 23/12/2017 at 6:07 PM, lineaway said:

Dennis finished 147th, his son 152 and his daughter 233rd at this years SSDT. She went on to win the 2nd day of the Trial 2 Women of the USA world round. Pretty good trials year for the family.

From last year. We believe it's the first time a father, son and daughter ever competed in the same SSDT.

Tc1_0136.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/12/2017 at 2:04 AM, cub200 said:

Good luck to Dennis,,,  the usual bunch of lucky guys who get an entry every year must have lots of friends as well  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@cub200, " I only comment on these sites when I have something constructive to say. "

Hardly constructive, or accurate !

Edited by b40rt