Sparta

Boots for ankle support / Helmet

When I first tried trials, I wore my Sidi Discovery Rain boots which I had bought for Dual Sport and trail work.  I switched Gaerne and after a time, I just found they were too slipper like for my feet, lacking  protection and support.  I went with the new Alpinestars Tech T, after a year and a quarter with lots of riding.... I think they are a very good choice.  They have a better level of support and protection than Sidi and Gaerne.  Top price, but worth every Penny in my book.

• Like 1

I know my brother and I have been kicking around the merits of an open face helmet.I came from an enduro/mx backround of riding and he is a green novice to all of it and on our last ride of the year he went over the bars on his Sherpa T and face planted pretty good.I wish that I would have gotten a pic of the other side of his face because it was covered up in a make up  bath of ground in mud. 

I have been looking at Bell mountain bike full face helmets. Ihave watched video of some pretty nasty down hill mountain bike crashes that look worse than anything I,ve done on my trials bike,but they are also on a bicycle,not a two hundred pound twin shock.

IMG_0384.JPG

1 hour ago, scot taco said:

I know my brother and I have been kicking around the merits of an open face helmet.I came from an enduro/mx backround of riding and he is a green novice to all of it and on our last ride of the year he went over the bars on his Sherpa T and face planted pretty good.I wish that I would have gotten a pic of the other side of his face because it was covered up in a make up  bath of ground in mud. 

I have been looking at Bell mountain bike full face helmets. Ihave watched video of some pretty nasty down hill mountain bike crashes that look worse than anything I,ve done on my trials bike,but they are also on a bicycle,not a two hundred pound twin shock.

IMG_0384.JPG

The difference between a downhill MTB helmet and a motorcycle helmet is just as you say... 20# bicycle versus 200# motorcycle falling on your head. 

FIM is requiring full face helmets for Youth riders starting this year, so expect a decent full face Trials helmet to be coming along soon.

Edited by nhuskys

Yeah, I was looking at the downhill MTB helmets too, the need for improved ventilation is why I've put it off.  A proper trials designed full face would be great (when they come down to my price point, anyway, lol)

• Like 1