Best Twinshock frame geometry/handling wise

Prototype

Best Twinshock frame geometry/handling wise  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Never rode all the below , just curious what best twinshock bike frame gemetry/handling wise..

• Yamaha TY
    • Suzuki Beamish
    • Fantic 200
    • Kawasaki KT
    • Bultaco
    • Montesa Cota
    • Ariel HT
    • OSSA MAR
    • Honda TL

Never rode all twinshocks , just curious what is the best twinshock bike frame geometry/handling wise..

Yamaha TY 

Suzuki Beamish

Fantic 200 

Kawasaki KT 

Bultaco 

Montesa Cota 

Ossa MAR

Honda TL

may be more. you can suggest .

Regards

Edited by bsa4life

Fantics were always fantastic years ago unmolested  when the sections were open, now the trend is to tightened the angle at the headstock.  I did this too following the trend and correcting the lazy bend of many years of abuse.  Not sure really if its an improvement depends where I am riding. I would say the Ty 250 I have rides and steers  as well as anything. 

I would really like to ride a MAJESTY, if only to compare to my MAR.

Months ago, there was a TY175 with Sammy Miller upgrades on it for sale.  I was talked out of buying it.  

Not so sure all those bikes mentioned by Feetupfun would be competeing in the same class.  

I do know locally, there is a guy riding a TL125, bare bones, modified engine, super low gearing and he mentioned he had steepened the headtube angle, granted he is a very good rider, but that bike simply crawls through sections with super control.

Edited by pmk

2 hours ago, pmk said:

I would really like to ride a MAJESTY, if only to compare to my MAR.

Months ago, there was a TY175 with Sammy Miller upgrades on it for sale.  I was talked out of buying it.  

Not so sure all those bikes mentioned by Feetupfun would be competeing in the same class.  

I do know locally, there is a guy riding a TL125, bare bones, modified engine, super low gearing and he mentioned he had steepened the headtube angle, granted he is a very good rider, but that bike simply crawls through sections with super control.

pmk, those bikes are all in the same class in Australia. Our classes are Pre-65, Twinshock Pre-87 (air-cooled mono excluded) and Air Cooled Mono.

For a while the middle class was Pre-84 (to exclude air cooled monos), but the cut-off date was later extended to allow the (1985) TLR250 in

Only problem handling wise with the 200 was the narrow yokes montesa experimented with as far as I can remember. These were also fitted to the white 349. Later models of the 349 reverted to wider yokes. Not a bad bike at all and comparable to the 156 Fantic.  @nigel dabster the 242 yokes were different again and I think the 242 was a much better all round bike. Similar power to 240 Fantic but it didn't stall as easy. 

• Like 1