Classic trial Sarlat la Caneda, Dordogne, France

metisse

On the off chance that someone reading this might want to visit this beautiful region at the end of April, and just might be able to sneak a bike onto the rack or into the motorhome, we are running for the fourth time our Classic trial. It is planned for the weekend of the 28 th and 29th.  It is open to all classic classes with three routes easy, bit harder, and a little bit harder still. We will take riders on modern bikes over 50 officially, but any younger  Brits wanting ride in this class,  due to Brexit I will relax the rules.. You can enter on the day, you can camp on site, and if you so wish you can join us in emptying the French wine lake on Saturday evening enjoying local cusine at a resto walking distance to the start.  The trial will be old fashion  with no big steps, no tight turns and as many second and third gear climbs I can find, it will be quite relaxed 20 sections and 25 km ride round. There will be sections on the saturday to ride if you so wish.

Any further info or advice please email.  hamish.eadie@gmail,com

Might see you there ....

Happy new

• Like 2

1 hour ago, model80 said:

Sounds like a great event.

But seriously, what has Brexit got to do with a Classic Trial in France?

I read it as a humorous comment. To me on the other side of the world, it meant "contrary to the increased stress generated by the Brexit process, we are happy to reduce stress levels by loosening our rules to increase the participation rate of British riders, by also allowing younger riders to ride modern bikes"

• Like 6

I read it as a throw away comment which has nothing remotely whatsoever to do with a Classic Trial in France.

Screw the politics and leave it out of a Motorcycle Trial forum!

10 hours ago, feetupfun said:

I read it as a humorous comment. To me on the other side of the world, it meant "contrary to the increased stress generated by the Brexit process, we are happy to reduce stress levels by loosening our rules to increase the participation rate of British riders, by also allowing younger riders to ride modern bikes

Edited by model80

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, metisse said:

Might be easier ... being a techno knob.. if you come to the trial and take a hard copy home....

I was hoping to put it on 'my' website and the CMRF site to publicise it. I'm trying to get a couple of mates interested in going over and having a go...