Milky oil

bondy

Hello Guys need your Help my 2007 Scorpa I just got I drained the oil to change it and Notice it being a Milky colour I have read a thread on hear that it may be the water pump seal or the head gasket I have took the clutch case off impeller on first glace the Water pump seal looked ok But looking closer at it the centre bit had a small rip not sure if this would be the problem? the coolant was clean green. the bike I was told had been stood for some time. any help would be great cheers Bondy.

yes I have a new Water pump Seal.  the old 1 was not easy to come out. Another question when I put the New coolant in do I just top the rad up to the top Sorry am New to modern trials Am use to the bultaco 

On the Betas the case rotted sometimes as it was made of magnesium , if you are still getting water in the gearbox after fitting the new seal this may be worth checking out , also check the spindle isn't worn and allowing water to pass

• Like 1

Hi  bulto360 thanks for the info there's no rot all clean am New to striping the modern bikes I wouldn't off thought the water pump  shaft would get worn with it only going throw a rubber seal. but am only Guessing probably Wrong. but ill check it when I get round to it. on a different Not I took the clutch plates out dose any 1 have photos off witch way the steel ring goes?