Bosi mudguard kit

danbillam

You do not need a kit. The right gear with proper clutch control will do the job. Sometimes they do crack clean like that. You could just zip tie the fender back on. I have installed these so called kits. Not on my Beta. Taking a picture of the air box after you just washed the bike is pretty lame. You might look up Scottish Six Day bike prep for Beta.

• Like 1

Looks like he just pulled the filter out and took the picture of the water that had soaked through it from all the mud that got thrown up under the fender. If the kit is cheaper than a new fender I would just buy it, I heard they were definitely mor3 flexible than beta originals.

• Like 1

That was with one of those clear plastic sheets covering the airbox aswell as the extended mud flap up the back of the air box. I had repaired it as it was only split on one side so kept using it until broke on both sides. 

That wasn’t from flipping the bike unfortunately though same as when it first cracked it was from the bike landing on its side. 

The only way to progress is by going for harder stuff and inevitably you do come off. 

Gents,

Beta mudguards are somewhat "femmer", & expensive to boot. Not a great deal you can do on the breakage front apart from avoiding unplanned dismounts. Some folks have been known to use 6mm black plastic car number plate bolts, or smaller sizes from Electrical suppliers, which are fine for normal use, but sacrificed in a crash & so allow the mudguard to come off without serious damage, & then be re fitted. 

On the  crud front, remember to seal up the hole where the wiring loom went with silicon & purchase an aftermarket mudflap. There is a talented engineer in North Yorks called mr  J Austermuhle who has come up with the best one I've seen.

Bosi Beta front is a good idea, as it looks to be far more robust & is used with an with alloy mount which  also acts as a fork brace,    

We live in the faint hope that other manufacturers might take a leaf out of  the Montesa book & supply a pair of mudguards at a sensible cost . They also sell high wear plastic parts for sensible money, which is amply demonstrated by the fair number of smart old Monts still going strong.  

18 minutes ago, pjw123 said:

Gents,

Beta mudguards are somewhat "femmer", & expensive to boot. Not a great deal you can do on the breakage front apart from avoiding unplanned dismounts. Some folks have been known to use 6mm black plastic car number plate bolts, or smaller sizes from Electrical suppliers, which are fine for normal use, but sacrificed in a crash & so allow the mudguard to come off without serious damage, & then be re fitted. 

On the  crud front, remember to seal up the hole where the wiring loom went with silicon & purchase an aftermarket mudflap. There is a talented engineer in North Yorks called mr  J Austermuhle who has come up with the best one I've seen.

Bosi Beta front is a good idea, as it looks to be far more robust & is used with an with alloy mount which  also acts as a fork brace,    

We live in the faint hope that other manufacturers might take a leaf out of  the Montesa book & supply a pair of mudguards at a sensible cost . They also sell high wear plastic parts for sensible money, which is amply demonstrated by the fair number of smart old Monts still going strong.  

I’m going to trim the hooked bit that loops under the airbox so it can flex upwards but also cover the gap. I covered the light hole before with a neat piece of plastic so I’ll do the same on This one and also pop some plastic bolts in. Do you use a plastic bolt on the airbox cover aswell or just the 2 side ones? 

1 hour ago, huski said:

Motors not going to last long trying to breathe in all that c--p.Was that after a muddier than usual event?Looks like the mudguard broke behind the air box so it should still seal,or am I wrong?

No mate it broke just up to the airbox cover so was exposed about 2 inches at the back of the airbox. Usual conditions round here lol 

I put a hinge in mine before I broke it.  Works great and has popped off twice only breaking two zip ties.  Replaced the zip ties and I was in business again.  I have bought a Bosi fender mod but have not put it on yet as it doesn't have any of the striping to match and my hinged fender works fine in a fall, and regardless of what everyone says, if you ride, sooner or later everyone falls. If you scroll down on the link here, you can see pics of how I did mine. 

• Like 2