Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Karrie86

Hello From Yorkshire

22 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my name is Karrie and I live near Pontefract. Only very recently got into trials, went out to Bumpy's for the first time yesterday and absolutely loved it.  I am hoping to make some friends as I don't know/have anyone to ride with. I'm a complete novice to be honest, I know how to ride a bike and that's about it. I think my other half will soon get fed up of babysitting me when I'm out on it! So anyway, hi :):icon_salut:

1 person likes this

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Hi, and welcome.

We all have to start somewhere. keep at it and you will soon be better than the other half.

You also have Tong to practise at that is not far from you which is great for practise in mud 

Tong practice day is this Saturday. Wear a santa hat so we can recognise you

1 person likes this

If you get to be a regular at any club you'll soon make some friends :)

As for your other half abandoning you, if you're anything like my partner she learns a lot by going off on her own most of the time and then just doing a little practice together to move onto the next thing

Thanks for saying hi guys. Sorry I didn't make sense with that comment because my t'other half doesn't actually ride. She is a Landy offroader and is set on her 'you don't go offroading on your own' rule so she insists on coming with me incase the worst should happen. Would be lovely to have a mate to ride with so she doesn't have to stand in the cold. I would love to join a club, can you recommend any around Barnsley, Wakefield, Leeds area? It's OK to join a club even with zero experience? Do many women ride trials bikes? 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Karrie86 said:

Thanks for saying hi guys. Sorry I didn't make sense with that comment because my t'other half doesn't actually ride. She is a Landy offroader and is set on her 'you don't go offroading on your own' rule so she insists on coming with me incase the worst should happen. Would be lovely to have a mate to ride with so she doesn't have to stand in the cold. I would love to join a club, can you recommend any around Barnsley, Wakefield, Leeds area? It's OK to join a club even with zero experience? Do many women ride trials bikes? 

there's usually a few women riders go to tong, Bradford (Parkwood 4x4 leisure) but its only one Saturday a month (first Saturday on the month)

There's huddersfield falcons, barnsley trials club, spen valley club, I'm not too sure if the Bradford trials club is running any trials this year.

we ride a fair bit over in rochdale at cowm quarry most weekends

2 hours ago, Karrie86 said:

Do many women ride trials bikes? 

A photo I took at last year's Women's trials championship:

4JrSZYn.jpg

Most of the time it's a total sausage fest, but it's not *that* unusual.  Certainly at my local practice space there's about 10 women and girls who ride regularly, but I've not seen them at competitions so much.

Oh yeah, and you totally need to get your other half into trials ... mine took some persuasion, but she loves her Montesa now, lol

1 hour ago, turbofurball said:

Oh yeah, and you totally need to get your other half into trials ... mine took some persuasion, but she loves her Montesa now, lol

We are off to Bumpy for a second time tomorrow so I will convince her to give it a little go. She tried offroading with me when I had a mx bike but complained her a*** hurt and it put her off :lol: can't use that excuse on a trials bike though can she! 

I'll have to keep a look out for some local events and get myself out there. Just doesn't help that I am incredibly shy. Thanks so much for all your advice :D 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Karrie86 said:

We are off to Bumpy for a second time tomorrow so I will convince her to give it a little go. She tried offroading with me when I had a mx bike but complained her a*** hurt and it put her off :lol: can't use that excuse on a trials bike though can she! 

I'll have to keep a look out for some local events and get myself out there. Just doesn't help that I am incredibly shy. Thanks so much for all your advice :D 

Get yourself over tong on Saturday there's always plenty of friendly trials riders around to tag along with. I generally go and find people to tag along with

11 minutes ago, teddybattye said:

Get yourself over tong on Saturday there's always plenty of friendly trials riders around to tag along with. I generally go and find people to tag along with

If I can watch for the first time (yes I'm a wuss) then I'll definitely pop over. Do they allow spectators? 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Karrie86 said:

If I can watch for the first time (yes I'm a wuss) then I'll definitely pop over. Do they allow spectators? 

Yes you can go and watch.  I'm definitely going I've missed out the last few times it's been open :)

11 minutes ago, teddybattye said:

Yes you can go and watch.  I'm definitely going I've missed out the last few times it's been open :)

I can't make it till lunchtime but I'll definitely go along. I'll bring my camera with me. Thanks :)

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Karrie86 said:

I can't make it till lunchtime but I'll definitely go along. I'll bring my camera with me. Thanks :)

If you see a repsol montesa with silver wheels come and say hi

6 minutes ago, teddybattye said:

If you see a repsol montesa with silver wheels come and say hi

Ok will do!