101 link chain

candy red

So.... I'm ready to renew the drive train , I'm running 10/42 so need 101 links as 102 is almost all the way back on the adjustment cams and if I take a full link out its too tight... How are people dealing with this?? Link and half and a couple of splittys?  Is there any other way round this? Just don't like the idea of having two split links 

Edited by candy red

I've not got the half link as yet ....last time I changed I left it as 102 links and sat it to back of adjustment and was fine, but now the chain is slack and it doesn't seem like 2 minutes since I last changed it,..  am I better bedding the chain in with the link and half fitted (101 links) . Are the jitsie adjusters larger than standard? ?  Cheers for any help/reply 

The Jitsie adjusters won't do anything if the standard ones allow use of the full length of the slot in the swing arm.  I don't recall ever having owned a bike where they did not, but I've never had a Gas Gas.

If you don't want a second spring clip then you could peen over the head of the pin making it a rivet.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

I usually fit the half link by pushing the pin out of one side of the chain but not the other, so the pin is flush with the internal face of the chain outer plate. Take the link out , slide in the half link and then push the pin back through.

I just use a chain cutter with a long pin. 

Using this method you only need one spit link.

13 hours ago, pauls320 said:

Sherco sells lengths of Regina chain with the half link already riveted into it, comes in 99 and 101 lengths...Dont worry, no one will ever know you got Sherco chain on your GG:banana:

New Betas also come with 101 link Regina.

• Like 1

Just want to say a big thanks for the response,  I ended up with 102 link chain and the larger snail cams, the 101 link chain was a direct order from sherco or beta with large price tag £70+   my bikes is a 2007 model in case anyone else has same issue ... Thanks again