2018 Beta Factory Evo

Andy

8 hours ago, carlos said:

No changes here, nice to know my 2016 4T 300 and my 2017 2T 250 don't need to be upgraded!

Apart from the the bigger oil pump on the 2018 300 4t which they say dramatically reduces engine braking and  compression and rebound adjustment on front and rear suspension on the factory. I don't know why all trials bikes don't have compression and rebound adjustment even my 2005 MTB had compression and rebound adjustment.

Beta should seriously look at putting the Reiger or Ohlins rear shock on the Factory model, now that would be a nice upgrade! I tried my friends new 2018 GG 250 with the Ohlins shock the other day, loved it, very nice. He said it worked better than the Rieger that came on his 2014 GG.

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Beta should seriously look at putting the Reiger or Ohlins rear shock on the Factory model, now that would be a nice upgrade! I tried my friends new 2018 GG 250 with the Ohlins shock the other day, loved it, very nice. He said it worked better than the Rieger that came on his 2014 GG.

Yes they should but then you  have good rear suspension and pretty average front suspension. Beta enduro bikes are good very good but there sachs suspensions lets them down. I wonder why enduro and moto X bikes have really good suspension and trials bike still have pretty average suspension.

I think the factory Beta are a pretty good option the exhausts, brakes, triple clamps etc etc at the price is pretty good value if you where to buy all these things for your standard Beta it would cost far more than a factory. The suspension alone I think it is worth the money. Gives you the ability to set up front and back far more than std. You could put an ohlins on your std Beta but have problems marrying up to the front forks can't adjust the compression on your std.

Edited by lost

I have put an Ohlins on the rear of my 2016 Factory, (after a rebuild it works pretty good, last half of the compression dampening was set 20% harder, at 245 pounds with gear i was bottoming too harsh, even with the heaviest spring) love the forks the way they are. The forks on the 2017 Factory not as good as the 2016s, but i haven't got around to playing with it. I would rather ride than didile with my knobs(suspension)!

I would rather spend the time to set up my suspension(do the hard yards at first) and be comfortable the rest of the year.It ain't that hard on trials bike it's not like they have high and low speed compression and rebound adjusters  36 clikers on each of those but hey each to there own.I think Ohlins are pretty over rated better suspension out there now unless you are racing track ie road even then.

Edited by lost

Looks like something Evel Knievel would ride.

I haven't read all the blurb yet but I'm guessing at things like "optimised clutch springs" "significantly lightened master cylinder caps" and "reprofiled outer cylinder head for aerodynamic maximisation" or something along those lines.

• Like 1