4T sidestand options

vmxr

Does anyone have a solution to the easily bent sidestand mounting bracket for late model 4Ts?

I use mine fairly frequently otherwise I would just remove it. My dealer says there are no options but I thought I'd ask before trying to fabricate a better solution.

14 hours ago, oni nou said:

Do you stand on the bike with the sidestand down putting your body weight aswell as the bikes weight on the stand?

No. Not at all. I'm quite familiar with the light-duty aspect of trials sidestands.

The sidestand bracket has just folded up due to nothing more than the weight of the bike. It doesn't do it all at once but every time its used it bends a little farther.

I've spoken to two other Beta 4T owners that have experienced the same issue. One removed the sidestand, something I don't want to do, and the other had a machinist fabricate a stronger bracket. I was hoping not to have to go the later route, but I can if necessary.

I tried to order a new bracket to use as a template for fabricating a stronger version, but my dealer tells me they are on indefinite back order. This may just be that the importer isn't stocking any or it could be an indication of a larger issue. Maybe a batch of brackets that missed getting hardened in manufacturing??

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the responses. Much appreciated.