Karlson to sherco

betabonkers

20 hours ago, imexian said:

Guess make more dollar doing enduro, shame all the top (ish) riders have to go that direction!

this stranglehold bou and the rest of top 3 are doing is not really healthy for the sport. 

Dont know how you sort though?

Its not bou and raga's problem that there too good for the rest, its up to the others to raise there game to try and compete with them. If they've reached there potential and its not enough to beat them then that's life! The real problem is that there's no money in trials. I doubt they all go to endure because they prefer it, its where the money is (compared to trials). Look at Jarvis. Turned up to the valleys enduro last weekend. 2 hours of relatively easy riding for a man of his talents and £1000 in his hand, he could ride brit champs trials all season and not earn that!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dmc2028372 said:

Its not bou and raga's problem that there too good for the rest, its up to the others to raise there game to try and compete with them. If they've reached there potential and its not enough to beat them then that's life! The real problem is that there's no money in trials. I doubt they all go to endure because they prefer it, its where the money is (compared to trials). Look at Jarvis. Turned up to the valleys enduro last weekend. 2 hours of relatively easy riding for a man of his talents and £1000 in his hand, he could ride brit champs trials all season and not earn that!

I would imagine a lot of them prefer it - a proper day's riding of a motorcycle.  For instance, notwithstanding how much of the Honda purse he is receiving, how long will it be before Toni Bou, as a mature adult, tires of spending his days bouncing a motorcycle around on its back wheel?

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

On 12/01/2018 at 2:39 PM, dmc2028372 said:

suppose it fits in with sherco's marketing philosophy. Will dominate his national championship, and sell bikes in the process

What the philosophy that has kept cabestany going for 10 years in wtc, and who was there last BTC or Spanish national champ?

On 12/01/2018 at 5:25 PM, 2stroke4stroke said:

I would imagine a lot of them prefer it - a proper day's riding of a motorcycle.  For instance, notwithstanding how much of the Honda purse he is receiving, how long will it be before Toni Bou, as a mature adult, tires of spending his days bouncing a motorcycle around on its back wheel?

I doubt any of them people like Alfredo Billy bolt and Jonny walkerprefer enduro, they simply like riding bikes im sure. They do enduro Extreme simply to make some brass.

• Like 2