lanyard woes

hondanut

hi all

just tried fitting a lanyard to my grandsons 2007 oset 16 bike.

it needs one for youth trials and as it is an old bike it seems it is not a simple matter of fit and go.

i have an apico lanyard here and after taking the seat off discovred 2 red wires coming from the switch that have been fitted to it as they are not standard.

i have tried using the lanyard using the red wires and when the 2 red wires are joined the motor is fine, when separated it stops, all well and good, when i add in the lanyard the motor will only work when the lanyard magnet is disconected, ie as if the rider has fallen off, the reverse of what should happen?

any ideas?

thanks in advance

thanks chaps,

i did some reaseacrh and found that indeed i need a closed circuit type, new oset's use these but as ours is so old it will need that type, i have now found one so once it arrives i can sort it.

did not know there were even 2 types until today!

Apico make two types of lanyards, one for petrol bikes which is normally open circuit with the magnet applied, and switches to closed circuit when the magnet is removed. This type has a black grommet where the wire enters the switch housing.

The Oset type Apico lanyard is normally closed circuit with the magnet applied, and switches to open circuit when the magnet is removed. This type has a red grommet where the wire enters the switch housing.

The top picture is the petrol engine type, the bottom picture is the Oset type with the red grommet.

465DB573-BCEE-4158-975D-C9DAF60B00F0.jpeg

3D9DEC59-DCEE-47CB-89D0-DA61005D7DBB.jpeg

Edited by dabba
  • Like 2