Generator/radiator fan

femi

Hi there!

The radiator fan on my EVO 250 MY16 is running very slow. I ended up voltage metering the generator yesterday and its about 3-4 ACV at mean engine speed. That's way less. I was metering at the plug under the rear fender, next to the CDI.

Anybody with an idea to fix it?

Thanks!

I had the same problem on my 2013 evo 4t...turned out to be the fuel solenoid shorting out internally....disconnect the solenoid - 2 pin plug - open the tap to give continuous fuel flow....then try it....

the new solenoid is around £90+ from beta uk..I tried finding an alternative but couldn't... in the end I bought a cheap fuel tap for around £3.00 and made a new connecting block to connect it to the tank...if you want I can up load a photo later?

• Like 1

If you're talking about the competition parts. Yes, they are in use. I'll take a closer look on them this evening.

Nobody else with the same issue? Low fan speed due to less voltage from generator!

Maybe I did a mistake last time. But this evening the generator is doing well. It's about 60 ACV at mean engine speed. The fan worked proper but the lighting broke down.

I checked the rectifiers output which was about 35 DCV.

I'll replace the rectifier at first. It's obviously defect.

Edited by femi