Sherco 2017 300 heavy clutch pull

lars1990

I own a Sherco 300 2017, and I think the clutch pull is way more heavy than on any other bike. I had some more issues with the clutch. The clutch fluid was leaking, but this was fixed by swapping the slave cylinder seal. The heavy pull got worse since I changed the clutch plates. The really friendly people from Splatshop suggested to change the Braktec master cylinder for an AJP master cylinder. Does anyone have the same issues and is there any other solution besides changing the master cylinder?

I changed the mineral oil for the Putoline mineral hydraulic clutch fluid.

Thank you so much for any suggestions. 

1 hour ago, nhuskys said:

Thanks for the info, that was exactly what I needed. I measured my clutch spring retaining plate, and it is 2mm. According to the post the plate is 2,3mm now. 

First you could try removing two of the 6 clutch springs  - diagonally opposite each other, for a lighter clutch pull.  I have removed 2 on my previous 250 and 3 on my current 125, with no slipping at all.  

If you remove two, it will make the clutch pull about 1/3 lighter.  If it slips, then just put them back in.  

2 hours ago, stpauls said:

First you could try removing two of the 6 clutch springs  - diagonally opposite each other, for a lighter clutch pull.  I have removed 2 on my previous 250 and 3 on my current 125, with no slipping at all.  

If you remove two, it will make the clutch pull about 1/3 lighter.  If it slips, then just put them back in.  

The 2017 clutch does not have 6 springs anymore, its a diaphragm clutch

• Like 2

Since the pull got heavier with new plates,I would think the clutch pack thickness is too great.Sherco UK should be able to tell you what the thickness should be,doesn't need to be far out to make the clutch pull heavy 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, huski said:

Since the pull got heavier with new plates,I would think the clutch pack thickness is too great.Sherco UK should be able to tell you what the thickness should be,doesn't need to be far out to make the clutch pull heavy 

I guess you are right, the pack is too big now probably. I found this product on Splatshop and will get myself another retaining plate: http://www.splatshop.co.uk/clutch-spring-retaining-plates-sherco-2017-scorpa-2017.html Will do another post when after I installed the parts. (retaining plate and AJP master cylinder) 

Edited by lars1990
  • Like 1