2016 Evo 4t fork oil Quantity.

chappo

Sorry if I'm duplicating a thread, I have searched first, I was sure I'd found an entry where someone had converted the measured value into a quantity per leg.

Well I couldn't find it so can anyone help with the per leg quantity of fork oil.

Never feel as sure I've got it right with the measurement as I do with a quantity value.

Thanks thall1, I've seen the UK manual but the oil value is in a mm measurement , I was after a fluid value i.e. How many cc or ml per leg.

Or do you mean millilitres not mm ??

Edited by chappo

sorry mis-read your post.... I gave you MM. In the past I've found this to be more accurate than a volume... There is a volume given in the fluid table at the front of the manual (370ml?) but this doesn't seem to equate to the measurement. It's easy to measure using a 6" rule...just make sure the stantions are compressed as per the manual and also pump them gently to expel the air....

• Like 1

Hi Carlos, not sure if mines ever been changed so assuming its original factory fill.

But I do find the forks to be soft for my tender 17.5 stone frame, so i'm going to try 10w, thinking the original was probably 5w.

If its no better, probably going to go for the stronger spring option.