2010-2015 Ossa TR information

ossatr250i

I’m sure the Explorer pegs will fit right on. The bike is the same, just cheaper suspension, wheels and the added subframe seat/tank.

I use 0-40, remember, it has to lube the main bearings also. I would persponally not use gear oil or ATF. (I’ll go look in the garage and see what I’ve been using the last 400 hours)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the reply’s, it’s strange that the explorer and TR would have different part numbers if they are the same part...Lotus54, did they make a small change like color? Mine are bare aluminum. 

On the oil topic, found in the manual that Ossa calls for 75wt gear oil....still see your point on the crank bearings though... I assume the crank bearing are a roller type bearing?

thanks

phil.

You are certainly correct, and I’m sure those work fine.  That’s why I said ‘personally’.  I make that choice for a few reasons, 1. The dealer (who would do warrarnty claims when applicable) told me specifically to use it. 2. I like the extra protection of a full synthetic. 3. It has worked well (so far) and see no reason to change. 4. I ride in cold weather often and I like the multi-weight capabilities (perhaps doesn’t matter)

I’m not saying I’m right, just what I do.  (I run full synthetic in my Beta 4T, Ducati and AJP, Car and Van also)

mark

Hey Mark, 

What 2 stroke oil and ratio have you been using in the explorer? What method of mixing do you use? I noticed a standard mixing cup stops at around 70:1, I figured I would just use the cc scale for mixing. 1gallon = 3,785 cc / 120 = 31.5 cc of oil per gallon of gas.  (120 to 1 is what the previous owner said he had been running in my Ossa)

thanks

Phil.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:12 AM, oni nou said:

I was not on the attack just thought I may be missing something....I was thinking that the 0 40w had of course something to do with the cold climate where you live but it was your mention of the main bearings that prompted the question.. I think your main point is as you say that you think a synthetic lubricant provides better protection to the main bearings. Regards

I didn’t take it as an attack at all.  I figured you were just clarifying.  

Glad to have the discussion.  

Mark

On 1/31/2018 at 4:36 AM, ossatr250i said:

Hey Mark, 

What 2 stroke oil and ratio have you been using in the explorer? What method of mixing do you use? I noticed a standard mixing cup stops at around 70:1, I figured I would just use the cc scale for mixing. 1gallon = 3,785 cc / 120 = 31.5 cc of oil per gallon of gas.  (120 to 1 is what the previous owner said he had been running in my Ossa)

thanks

Phil.

I’ve been using Motorex 2T full synth.  I started using it with my KTM 300 when new and it always seemed to work well so kept with it.

I have a mixing container that shows very lean mixtures, so I just measure out the appropriate amount and put it into a 5 gallon container before putting in the fuel. The rush of from the pump mixes is really well. Plus I have it a few shakes after and before every fill.

Lewisport told me to run 100:1 in the explorer, so that is what I have done. I’ll bet I could run less with no problems, it did have some carbon build up on top of the piston after almost 400 hours.  But since everything looks so good I’ll likely stay at around 100:1.   I do run around 110:1 in my Factory 300 OSSA- but I do more road connections with the Explorer (it is plated).

I think the mixing container I have is from the boat section of the local ‘has everything’ store. 

Mark

Edited by lotus54