OSSA parts and Support

evoalien

Hello everyone. What is the current state of Ossa parts and part availability for used bikes,  worldwide Especially in the U.S.??? As a bike dealer I ask this in regards to taking a 2014 300 In on trade. With Ossa being no more how is that effecting the overall re sale of a non existent manufacturer???  Any input would be sweet!!!! Thanks Andy

Edited by evoalien

There's some people that like them but to safeguard yourself you'd need to offer a low price.Consumables are pretty much what other brands use,so no problem,Ossa specific parts more difficult.Of the few people I know that had one all were glad to see the back of it through unreliability,When they were right they were very good,if they'd survived and developed it further it probably would have been successful 

Mine has been very reliable (almost 400 hours now).

So far, no issue getting parts (like mentioned, many are standard Trials parts).  But I agree it is not worth what it would be if they were still producing them. (Owner still claims to be trying to get it going again- but...)

Ouch, that was not very nice. Do not mean to hurt any ones feeling at all. My friend has one since new and he liked it when it ..worked.. but has had a LOT of issues with it and its a pain to source parts for  ( its parked in storage because its unsaleable and replaced with a different brand of bikes). Not all Ossa stories are great and offerings from many can only help with Evoaliens research on the topic. Good luck.    

7 hours ago, canada280i said:

Just out of interest what parts does it need to run again? I would be very surprised if it could not be found. 

Most anything can be patched up if enough resources are thrown at it, but cost can outweigh the return.  I see the ex-importer Birketts in uk advertises that they still have some parts..