Triumph cub trials

David carter

Hi I have brought a tiger cub trials bike as a project  I have had it running before I stripe the bike for a frame rebuild. The engine has been in a frame on my bench on refitting it back in the frame I can not get oil too return from the engine when it is running I am sure I have fitted the oil feed pipes correctly any adivce

Hi  If you look under the engine at the oil feed/ return pipes The return is the one nearer the front Then follow the pipes back If the engine has been drained of oil it can take some time for oil to return On my cub I use a clear pipe on the return to see it is working The oil level should have dropped when you started it up    

Thanks it seen a worrying when running the bike  there is no oil coming back from the return I was also told try putting half of cup of orange l back down the rocker cover and let it drain down to the oil pump so it primes the return side of the oil pump not tryed this as yet 

Bottom left of crankcase is the pump filter /pick up 

Remove this and check for obstructions ( gasket sealant ...) In pickup pipe 

If you are lucky there will be something blocking it. 

Use a torch 

Because it has been on the bench on it side something may have moved that sits comfortably in normal use

If nothing visable put bolt back in and try something else.

Still no joy , you will have to take pump off and filter bolt out again and blow through from pump side 

Or , whilst taking off the pump one of the anti syphoning balls against the crankcase may be stuck 

For what it's worth , I remove those ( leave the two in the pump !)  I havent had any bother wetsumping and it's one less thing to block 

17 hours ago, David carter said:

Thanks it seen a worrying when running the bike  there is no oil coming back from the return I was also told try putting half of cup of orange l back down the rocker cover and let it drain down to the oil pump so it primes the return side of the oil pump not tryed this as yet 

Not quite the same, but the oil down the rocker cover defiantly works on a b40. Might also be worth removing oil pipe from tank and checking its flowing before attaching to pump.