Trials gloves

dadof2

Have used a variety of the style of gloves indicated above and are great for messing about or I find good when marking out as the extra padding / grip helps when sticking flags in but for out and out trials riding find them all a bit thick or as mentioned too grippy. I have used some of the cheaper proper trials gloves to good effect and about 1/2 the price of the branded latest ones. I treat gloves and tyres the  sane - why spend thousands on a bike and scrimp on the things that connect you to the controls or the bike to the ground . Even if you spent £30 on gloves and only lasted a year it’s  just over 50 p a weekend !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find the fabric gloves tend to wear through on the fingers.  Used my gardening gloves on my last trial.

https://www.dickiesstore.co.uk/product/GL0400-dickies-performance-gloves?fo_c=1112&fo_k=2f3195ed40fa0c69c5a620f1d492bc68&fo_s=gplauk&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9f7v-ai82QIVT7XtCh0ChwSYEAQYAiABEgK_GfD_BwE#{"col"%3A"tan"}

These have a leather palm and fingers which is surprisingly supple so don't feel awkward.  Waterproof which keeps your fingers nice and warm on a cold wet day.

On problem is the rather strange mustard colour.

I bought a pair of Hebos before the start of a 2 day trial, i was very disappointed when 1 had split stitching down the side seam :(  i was looking for some MTB gloves & bought some TLD down hill gloves

I usually do a 50klm + trail ride a week on my Sherco 300i or KTM 400 & the TLD MTB gloves are great, i have about 5 different pairs that i rotate, they even have a glove with wetsuit material in it for wet/cold rides, so i wear these gloves on my Honda tlr 250 the trail bikes & also my MTB

I think the quality of TLD is top notch, to the point if i'm buying something i look @ TLD stuff first, i have TLD  armour, helmet, wrist brake, elbow guards & some clothing

21 hours ago, stpauls said:

They are quite fetching,a bit tight when I first tried them,but have stretched a bit and are working well now.

• 2 months later...

Wandered down to my local Homebase and B & Q to check out what they might have available.

After a bit of deliberation I found some Diall heavy duty workman's gloves that feel ace. Supple and stretchy with faux leather on the palm and fingers plus a velcro closure at the wrist.

I tried some Mechanix M-Pact but I found the extra palm patch uncomfortable and they were not as snug a fit as the Diall ones.

Very weird wearing something like this on a bike after a lifetime of road gloves but we'll see how I get on! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

l love the UnderArmor Coolswitch Golf gloves.

Nice soft Leather gloves, well ventelated, and very durable. Slip on with no velcro strap. They just get better with age.

Have to buy them individually for each hand,  but well worth the $16.00 each.