Best u.k training? Trainer?

justjosh9

Title says it all really.. What does everyone think who’s the best to go to for some training ? Inch perfect? Stu day ? I know Dabill does some training sometimes .. Plan on having a good training day on my birthday while everyone’s working ?

we've had a few guest coaches over the years at Project 2000 / trials training wales. Dan Clark was very good and so was Simon Welch. This was with  mixed groups. Not sure one on one but having ridden round with Dan on a few nationals ( not on same course)  his lines and technique are superb.

• Like 1

In my experience and I’ve done a couple of training days. Stuart Day of https://www.trials-school.co.uk/ would get my vote. His teaching manner and enthusiasm is both encouraging and effective plus I’ve personally witnessed fellow club riders ability improved through his teachings. Also for an introduction to the sport the professionalism of his setup and availability of machines to hire and learn on make for an unrivalled facility 

• Like 4

I’m in the West Midlands but I can travel anywhere really.. Well I’m hoping a few training days will improve my riding.. technique and also bike set up knowledge quicker than without. Well I hope so or there wouldn’t be much point in these training days ?

cool thanks for that madmostin I may book in with stu then ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justjosh9 said:

And yeah deffo 1 to 1 I can’t see a group class improving my riding too much although ive been riding less than a year ..

I wouldn't rule out small groups as riding 1 to 1 you will get tired very quickly.

Also sometimes you cant get something right and others in the group will click  - its surprising how watching somebody else  can assist with your learning.

I find it good to use a pupil who is doing something correctly (or incorrectly sometimes) to assist in getting my point across. 

• Like 4

splat and jap zap after 9 months? Id bet money on your basics and bike set up not being spot on, it may well be worth having a day one to one and going through everything with an experienced trainer, for sure. I wouldnt want to say this one or that one is best but someone who can set up a bike would be very helpful.