2015 TXT Pro 300 - carb vent line routing?

TheBreeze300

I notice a few people turn the elbows upwards and route the tubes up along the frame rails(including mine) this is with a Dellorto carb,i don,t know how the Keihin is set up.This is so they dont suck up any water .The gearbox vent can be routed to just over the front sprocket so if you get any loss it oils the chain.

I routed my lines into the airbox. Originally the lines exited near the linkages, but I had a bad experience where they sucked up water and fine sand on a ride. Yes, they are vent lines and allow the pressure in the float bowl to be at atmospheric. I guess since the fuel is being drawn up through the main jet there can be a slight vacuum on the lines (maybe until the float needle opens and refills the bowl (?)).

And when the bike goes on its side the gas may drain out the lines but it then runs down the airbox sides and eventually out the airbox drain. Also that little plastic plate above the airfilter helps to keep the gas from dripping on the filter. To date I have not experienced issues with the filter being damaged by gas.

And the airbox on my 2008 TXT was not too well sealed to the seat plastic. I ended up dismantling the lot and reassembled it with a generous portion of RTV/Silicone. As a test I filled my airbox with water and it didn't leak! :)

Dale

Edited by d2w