Beta 2019 model

pancho247

Does anyone know, or heard any rumours if Beta will bring out a new model for 2019? The EVO has been going a long time now. It's due refresh. Saying that it is still an awesome looking machine, for me the best looking machine out there.

My EVO is now 5 years old and I fancy an upgrade. Should I take the plunge or wait 6 months, hmmmmmm, decisions decisions.

I was suprised that they released a 2018 evo, I’ve heard rumours for a while they they’re developing fuel injection and I believe this is why all the electrics have been moved round on the 2018? Only time will tell

I would never buy a brand new model from any manufacturer as the 1 year of production bikes are always rated the best thing ever ! Until the year after .. when the report lists all the changes after the teething problems with great ideas that didn’t actually work as well as thought on paper , then they get put right for year 2 so wait whilst 2020 ?

Edited by paul heys
**** spelling

Personally, I'm glad Beta is still making minimal changes to the Evo platform. Having ridden my '16 Evo 300 for 115 hours over the past year of owning it, I recently picked up '15 Evo 200 which allows me lots of flexibility swapping components between the bikes (especially bodywork to put worn stuff on current bike and save new bodywork for when it's time to sell). Final Gearing of 10/44 on the 300 is working well for me; but needed chain with 2 more links & Jitsie oversize snail adjusters to take up chain slack. I was surprised to see what looks like Original OEM chain with "half-link" installed on Evo 200 from factory to have 101 links for either 11/42 or 11/43 Final Gearing. Up until a few weeks ago, I was considering a Brand New 2018 Evo 200; until the opportunity popped up for a used '15 Evo with around 250 hours on it to make sure it fits my style (was alternative to trying to tone down 300 with heavier flywheel and weighted clutch basket... Which still might be an option, if I decide to keep the 300 for a while longer.

Edited by wheelieman14
clarification on Evo 200 gearing