Inner tube? Improving aTrial club ?

Lefebvre

Hi!

I run my 2016 X Trainer with Nitromousse / Front and Nuetech Tubliss / Rear. What is recommended for the Trial Beta Evo 200 to stay flat free as much as possible. As it will be my first season in Trials, excuse my lack of knowledge in Trials.

I also learned that in the Ottawa region, there is only +/- 13 members in the Trial club....Hard to understand how few are trying and staying in Trial riding as there are maybe  three to four hundreds members in the dirt bike club??? Is it that Trial is so hard to learn riding. Or the frustration of learning it. Or the perseverance at practicing. Or the need to get together as a group to be stronger and organise as good as we can as a group?? I am sure the Ones in place try very hard to recruit but maybe we need to really give it a hard look. Would inviting a very good Trial rider a couple of time in the season for learning session help? 

I sure Welcome your input and ideas to help developing Trials riding here. Maybe the Vast areas available for Trail riding doesn't help??

Thanks to all of you again for your help and suppor!

If you are riding trials, it is pretty easy to stay flat free. Unlike where I ride has cactus an trees with three inch thorns. What causes flats on dirt bikes besides speed in your neck of the woods? Trials is not for everybody. Dirt bikes everybody thinks they are fast with a blip of the throttle. Trials everybody knows within a few minutes your real abilities. Worldwide trials is the smallest motorized sport. Sometimes it`s land issues, usually it cannot be found. Before the internet it was like some obscure cult.  At 13 members it is an endangered species. Good luck with your new sport, maybe it is you that makes a difference!

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 1

There are tons of threads on how to build the sport if you look under the Canada section of this forum there are some Canadian specific issues discussed - size of the country and the great divide between World Trials Canada (WTC) and the Canadian Motorcycle Association (CMA) - which is Canada's FIM affiliate. There was an event in Ontario last year that had about 90 riders (I think it was hosted by Dual Sport). There are a couple of great riders in Ontario that I'm sure would be willing to help you out. I'm sure once you attend a few events you will gain a better knowledge of the local challenges your particular club may have.

Don't worry about getting flats - nice thing about trials events.... you are never far from your car :).      

Trials is far far harder and more physically demanding than trail riding, and you don't go fast.  Doing slow trail riding on a trials bike is great fun, though :)

Having a mousse would be a major disadvantage in trials - heavy, and you can't adjust the pressure!  Depending on conditions tubes with 3 to 8 psi does the job ... flats aren't a huge problem, just ride gently when you get one, lol

As for the club, one person with enthusiasm can make all the difference - clear organisation, a practice space, and being easy to access for new riders are things that can help

7 hours ago, guy53 said:

I'm in Quebec and I thinking about selling my 2 bikes because of land issue, I can't find place to ride.

Guy

Hi! Guy,

Sorry that you cannot find any place to ride for Trial.

I will be a beginner this year and buying a 2018 Beta Evo 200 and if they don't have it in time, I will buy a  2018 Gas Gas 250 Contact Electric Start.

Luckily, there is quite a few place where to ride in the Ottawa region.

Best luck to you to find an area where to ride.

8 hours ago, guy53 said:

I'm in Quebec and I thinking about selling my 2 bikes because of land issue, I can't find place to ride.

Guy

Just curious did you have a place to ride when you bought your bikes ? are you losing local riding area or did you move to an area that has less places to ride. ATAQ seems like such a large well run trials club and the FQMHR advertise over 10,000 km of off road trails accessible to off-road motorcycles... probably hard for guys in the UK to even imagine that amount of trail :).

Edited by michael_t
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, michael_t said:

over 10,000 km of off road trails accessible to off-road motorcycles... probably hard for guys in the UK to even imagine that amount of trail :).

Yeah, the Florida Way in Wales is something like 180km, which seems like a lot around here!

For the front you can still run Tubliss.  I find it works very well (I’ve gotten pinch flats with the stock tube).

If your rear is a tubeless rim, then bring some plugs and a small pump.  If a non-tubeless rim, then run Tubliss (I do on my OSSA Explorer, works fabulous).

mark

• Like 1

There might be 10,000 km of off road trails in the FQMHR but I ride either a Ty 250 or a Beta Rev with no light or turn signal, and frankly I'm not interested in riding full throttle in a field. As for the ATAQ, they are a great bunch of guys that organise competitions, and there is also a vintage trial group that also organise comp that I attend and really enjoy. But I like to ride ( trial terrain ) not compete. I like to ride just for fun. As for you Leosantanalg, don't throw the line too far, you might see me coming around one Saturday morning. I went to Vermont last year to meet the guys, the Vermont Plonker, and I can promise you that if I still have my bike I will be back this year.

Guy

• 2 months later...

Hi Lefebvre! I’m a Trials enthusiast in Ottawa and always looking for places to practice and people to ride with. I’m an old guy and campaign the CVMG vintage series in Quebec and have just gotten a modern Trials bike for ATA/ATAQ events. We should get together...