Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

oni nou

The problem with trials as a career is theres no money .

21 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, andy said:

Morally, no. I don't think it's my place to blurt a man's salary out on the internet.

Not looking for specifics but when you say "several miles" is that like thousands, 10's of thousands, or hundred's of thousands or are we into the Millions? a regular tenth place finisher in MX makes about $50k a year the top MX riders make over $1M + sponsorship deals. Would it be similar for Trials with Bou and Raga being really the only 2 making top rider type salaries... 

I got the figures for MX from here: https://bizfluent.com/info-12087448-average-salary-professional-motocross-riders.html

Edited by michael_t

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

I just remembered this old thread...

If Bou is really making < $150K - miles apart from the others would be 10s of thousands - I guess I answered my own question :).. 

On 10/02/2018 at 7:18 AM, breagh said:

Glad he stays with Honda he would really pi$$ everyone off on a Gas Gas.

To be fair to all manufacturers I think he would be a tad useful on any brand 👍

2 people like this

I'm no 4rt fan as some will know from previous posts.

I don't think Dougie or Fuji really did better on the 4rt as both had been world champions on 315 montesas. As they were beginning to be overtaken by younger riders then its probably fair to say they did as well on the 4rt ?

Bou was a revelation from the off on the 4rt and was maybe young enough to modify his style to the bikes strengths. Busto really interests me at the moment, its taken him a while to get the hang of the montesa and develop as a rider but I thought he would do much better on the Gas Gas, and he really isn't at the minute.

The late Diego Bosis tested the 4rt when it was first released and predicted that really good riders would be able to adapt and for beginners it wouldn't really matter but for those in between it would be difficult. 

The other interesting thing is the Spanish championship now includes the qualifying race like the world rounds, preparing their riders for the world championship. 

2 hours ago, michael_t said:

Not looking for specifics but when you say "several miles" is that like thousands, 10's of thousands, or hundred's of thousands or are we into the Millions? a regular tenth place finisher in MX makes about $50k a year the top MX riders make over $1M + sponsorship deals. Would it be similar for Trials with Bou and Raga being really the only 2 making top rider type salaries... 

I got the figures for MX from here: https://bizfluent.com/info-12087448-average-salary-professional-motocross-riders.html

https://youtu.be/g-krUWngvX8?t=5m50s    he likes earning millones de Euros     He moved to live in Andorra as a way of getting away from the laws against riding motorcycles in the mountains of Catalonia [there are no such laws at present in Andorra]  ......Andorra is a tax haven for the wealthy.

Edited by oni nou

13 hours ago, oni nou said:

https://youtu.be/g-krUWngvX8?t=5m50s    he likes earning millones de Euros     He moved to live in Andorra as a way of getting away from the laws against riding motorcycles in the mountains of Catalonia [there are no such laws at present in Andorra]  ......Andorra is a tax haven for the wealthy.

What actually happens is there are plenty of places to train in spain if you know where, im thinking its more a tax issue, but as the border isnt policed that strigently, except sunday pm, i guess he says he lives in Andorra.

1 person likes this