tials bike on trailer

asmara

I think it's going to depend a lot on both the bike and the trailer ie where you can put the straps. If you are only using straps, you need straps to be pulling both forwards and backwards, and left and right. So you'll need four. If you have a big wheel stop on the trailer you might reduce the rearward pull. Remember also that you need redundancy in the system: be sure that if one strap breaks, the others will be enough to stop the bike falling in the road.

What works for me: 20psi in the tyres.  Front wheel at an angle in the wheel chock, so it can't rotate further.  One strap to each side on the handlebars, ratchet down so the forks are at most half compressed.  One more strap over the seat, just tight enough so the back end doesn't bounce around (or just over the back tyre, if that's convenient).

But these day's I've gone all fancy and have a van, it's all very rock and roll!

• Like 1

I did exactly what turbofurball did but normal trials pressures in tyres.

I got however hacked off with the time it took. If you have only 1 bike a dave cooper rack (or similar)  is pretty cheap and far quicker to load and on road.  A van is clearly a better option from a theft point of view.    

Well, I was using a Dave Cooper rack and a trailer at the same time to cart two bikes around ... all the faff involved took at least 30 mins to load up, with the van it's about 5 mins :)

For me the rack wasn't any faster as the bike covered my number plate, and putting a number board on every time negated the advantage ... it was easier for driving though

• 4 weeks later...

Mine doesn't move at all and I don't compress the suspension much if at all.

I put 1 on each side of the frame near the foot pegs(not on the pic) and then 1 of these on the bars

and just for my piece of mind the 2 around the wheels and the trailer.

The bike never moves

IMG_20161203_142748.thumb.jpg.093555f036c4f1ba14ba5658b0314cdc.jpg

51ZVo6YLRGL.jpg.2728734da70c7cd3c0492302bb43e41b.jpg

Edited by shakennstirred