Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

micm

Electric Bike BHP

22 posts in this topic

Sounds like the e bikes won't fry your brains or any other parts except maybe your toes! And no worse than the petrol jobs, don't think we have hydrogen or diesel ones...yet.

...from Phys.org  

"The intensity of magnetic fields in seven different electric cars, one hydrogen car and one petrol car were measured in order to ascertain whether they approach the recommended limiting values for human exposure. The measurements were carried out using real cars in a laboratory and during road tests.

The highest values in electric cars were measured near the floor, close to the battery itself and when starting the cars. In all cases, exposure to magnetic fields is lower than 20 per cent of the limiting value recommended by the ICNIRP. Measurements taken at head-height are less than 2 per cent of the same limiting value.

In the case of petrol and diesel powered cars, exposure was measured at around 10 per cent of the limiting value. In other words, there is little difference between electric cars and petrol and diesel cars."

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2014-05-danger-magnetic-fields-electric-cars.html#jCp

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Batteries need to be replaced more often than pistons and they cost a lot more...

Batteries need to be replaced more often than pistons and they cost a lot more...

Good point, batteries are expensive I agree, but if we are talking running

costs don't forget, petrol and 2 stroke mixture is I suspect is dearer than

recharging the batteries, judging by what local Nissan Leaf owners tell

me. So there is a balance.

My main point about electric trials bikes is they are quiet and non

smoky and in more densely populated areas that is a big plus,

especially for regular practice.

3 hours ago, cackallacky said:

At 12,500 Euro, the Gas GasTXTE will be out of reach for most all riders. (And a limited run of 200 bikes)

That's more than a fistful of $$$!!!!

The Bank at El paso seems like a good place to start ......"Once upon a time there was a carpenter"

Edited by oni nou
1 person likes this

A closed mind is worst than no mind at all

Guy

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

The Bank at El paso seems like a good place to start ......"Once upon a time there was a carpenter"

Is that a Clint Eastwood flick?