Beta TR34 Reeds

pschrauber

Hi, just doing the winter maintained to the bikes and did a look at the reeds of my TR 34.

What I found was that the upper reeds mounted to the cage are not aligned to opening of the cage anymore, instead they have "bent" which is about 1 deg.

Beside that only a tiny little bit of wear (fuzzy edge) is noticeable at the right reed towards the middle front. I never have experienced a different wear on carbon reeds never so far bent reeds*, should i keep or replace?

*To steel reeds that they start to bent I have seen but so far not to carbon.

Your thoughts?

You can see how they had opened inside and where the gas air mix has cleaned the walls and where there was turbulence in the air stream, very interesting.

xBQ3lPZC-jAkp2qvyG5zhRS1wfOBFx9FQbpbNU1v

Don't look bad but the upper reeds are now bend up instead of being alinged:

xYPkWRdKKCF16YJtC24XMuEApbFXv2WUD162lL7o

9IyBX-L8I6NQlDcQOhUVaRLw3DSjfbgAvlpICzuC

OK, thank You.

I thought so too but I'm a tiny bit concerned about the material as I always thought that carbon is a bit more sturdy then steel and when I mounted them they where perfectly straight an sat flush with the cage.

Additional I haven't had any differences in starting so far which would have been one reason for a reed malfunction.

I've ordered too another pair so in case of:

- I' am starting to get uncomfortable to whatever reason

- the reeds would now bend quickly to the other side and perform not as good as before.

Than I can easily switch, just now cutting a new seal for the cage cylinder mount ... also very important to avoid air leaks.

Edited by pschrauber