4ride 4rt capacitator/condenser

scratcher

Please read the post below this one

Hi guys...i took a tumble at the weekend there goin thru a patch o water.... n i drowned my 4 ride n completly went under the water..now i cannot get a spark at the plug...ive drained the water n chased the water out ma oil but cant get a spark..if i can get a spark n can get it started then i can asses the damage....hopefully none...but its highly unlikley...

Has anyone submerged their 4t bije before n list tbe spark at the plug....any ideas is a help to wat to look for...its only my second time out on it from new....so ye kin imagine how i feel..thanks.

im looking to see any links on the FULL wiring manual n the wiring qualities..ie voltage of certain function..thanks

Edited by scratcher
Had to edit n add

Hi guys...i have a pal looking at wires n functions o stuff on the waterlogged 4ride. Hes came across a problem n is asking has anyone else had this problem  with the condenser capacitator..does anyone know how to check this with some sort of tool or is it a case of getting another...n could i buy one from maplan rather than go to honda.. everythin else has been checked n has good values other than this capacity condenser....urgent please..

hello guys any of you out there drowned your bikes and had an electrical fault afterwards as in no spark all seems well at present with mechanical stuff but no spark ? Im thinking the capacitor / condenser may have shorted but need to know are there any tests to check other than replacement IE resistance check ohms check etc cheers

Tried my condenser im another 4rt...it has a occasional spark. But not every kick. So suspect the condenser..maybe even the alernator is at fault...my pal said the whole bike is shi@$ nae wonder it was built in spain..as japan widnt put this stamp a bike out...but sayin that Honda have put their name on it....he says the stuff on chinese bikes are better than these components...needin a condenser...n theres no one in the uk has one...8th march us the earliest wel get one fae spain here in the uk....shocking really...

If you take the injector out and wire direct to a 12v battery you can operate the solenoid within it to check if it's working. Just flick the wires into the terminals to  open and shut it. If you connect an LED or a 12v bulb to the loom side of the injector harness plug and kick over the bike the bulb will light momentarily if the Ecu is giving out a signal. You can also wire the fuel pump direct to a 12v battery to take the load off the bikes generator system whilst you try and start it. The bike will run ok with a separate 12v supply at the pump. The beta evo 4t use a 4700uf 25v capacitor. I never got to find out what the Montesa one is rated at but it may be worth trying one... You can get them from most electronic suppliers for a few £'s...H&D racing can supply a 'lightweight ' capacitor. If you get the honda/Montesa part number of the capacitor you may be able to order it direct from a Honda dealer... Just don't mention its from s Montesa as I've found they suddenly won't supply!?... I got a capacitor from st blazey mx in Cornwall last year... It was a stocked item.