Sign in to follow this  
yamanx

MOT Changes in May

In May of this year any vehicle over the age of 40 will no longer require tax or MOT.

So how will this change the process of registration for older machines?

At the moment for a 1977 Bultaco Sherpa for instance, your require MOT to start the process, will this change?

Your bike will also be tax free, but you still need to tax it, you just pay nothing.  You can do this On-Line at the DVLA web-site, as long as you have the identification numbers from the V5 document.   Also you will still need Insurance to drive it on the road.

If they do it like my vintage bike, then the first MOT is a signed declaration from yourself and then it's just an online tick box

6 hours ago, teamferret said:

If they do it like my vintage bike, then the first MOT is a signed declaration from yourself and then it's just an online tick box

Hi, how do you do this self declaration? Is there a form, I've had a brief look but can't find anything?

If they do it like my vintage bike, then the first MOT is a signed declaration from yourself and then it's just an online tick box.

Can't remember any details of form, I think I got it from the nearest PO that did vehicle tax