Security screw on intake manifold

dan williams

Swapped out the reeds for carbon fiber and found one screw on the manifold was a T25 security screw. Wasn’t expecting that.

Also noted was what seems like thread locking compound on idle adjust screw. Explains why it snapped off first time I tried to adjust it. Carb also looks different but not sure. Top of slide housing seems different and bottom of carb has serial number.

C5B79BD3-1D2C-401C-A191-18F9E696862F.jpeg

The best way I have found to deal with the idle screw is to undo it the same way as tapping new threads. Loosen one quarter to one half turn, turn back in one eighth to one quarter turn until it loosens up enough to turn out all the way. I usually put some 2 stroke oil on the threads before putting in a new quick adjust screw in. As for the reed block, there security screws are a pain, on the bright side no one has stolen your reed block.Some of the 2018 Evos also have security screws holding on the exhaust tip, maybe you should change those too.

Yeah T-25 security bit is needed to take the tower off a Keihin PWK28 so I had one. 

I take “no user servicable parts” as a challenge. 

Still this is beyond the usual for a trials bike. Not as bad as my wife’s CRF150f plugging the mixture adjust screw. But a harbinger of what’s to come. 

It seems those screws are correct. The parts list describes 

31.38010.000 x 3. M6x25 Screw t.c.c.e. 

and

007.11.031.00.00 x 1. M6x20 Screw (and shows it top left out of the four)

For 125-250-300

Apart from the different heads, one is 5mm shorter??

The 200 just gets 4 x 31.38010.000.