2018 RR

duggan

I have a 2017 280 RR and recently rode a 2018 300 RR in Spain. Very similar to ride but as the 2018 was a 300 it was a bit quicker.

It's not a step change from the 2017 but they have made a number of changes to make the bike easier to start and last longer.

I find this a bit odd as my 2017 has been exceptionally reliable and I don't have a problem starting.

There's nothing wrong with my 2017 so I'll keep it for this year. My next bike will be a TRS unless something ground breaking comes out from another manufacturer next year.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2018 at 7:42 PM, duggan said:

Has anyone taken delivery of a 2018rr in the Uk? After some feedback on how they ride? Currently own a Gasgas but the component spec of the rr has my attention.

You looked at the Gas Gas GP?

Edited by nigel dabster

• 3 months later...

What transmission oil do you use in you bike? we cannot get the Nils oil that comes in the bike from the factory here in the states.i put the Maxima light oil in it after break in. the bike seems very unsettled now, I'm a club man rider so our sections are basically very tight turns with some minor obstacles always just above idle. clutch is very jumpy with this oil. what do recommend I try? i would appreciate any advice.

I run the nils oil. It's almost like water it's that thin. You could try putoline light gear oil or something like that, a bit thicker oil will make the clutch softer. 

Just try moving the Iever toward the centre of the bars ?

• Thanks 1