Forum Upgrade

Andy

I'm going to push ahead with the first stage of this tomorrow morning UK time. After the upgrade, you may see a window asking you to complete any profile info that's missing. The only bit that will be mandatory is location (if it's not already set). It's really useful for people answering questions to know where folk are. Region, County or State and Country are fine.

Stage 1) Upgrade and refreshed look

Stage 2) Bring Classifieds into Forums

Stage 3) Bring Calendar into Forums and add some cool new toys.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Andy unlocked this topic

Today's bit done. Some major changes under the hood and it's been impossible for me to test all of them so any problems, reply here. I still have loads to sort, but can do that with forums online

System is doing various rebuilds in the background so will likely be slow for most of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has a good look to it, but in the "unread" listing I cannot see the titles of the threads.  When I hover the mouse over where the title is the pointer indicates there is a link there.  I am assuming it is a display setting (font color) that I should be able to change, just haven't located it yet.

image.thumb.png.f40d2f06aa88e3d281a261211d88fd01.png

Edited by zippy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zippy said:

Has a good look to it, but in the "unread" listing I cannot see the titles of the threads.  When I hover the mouse over where the title is the pointer indicates there is a link there.  I am assuming it is a display setting (font color) that I should be able to change, just haven't located it yet.

Cheers. Hadn't spotted that one. Now fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, b40rt said:

Hi Andy, I can't get the front page, trials calender or results database atm ? Everything else looking good.

I didn't touch any of that. What's happening when you try?

1 hour ago, andy said:

I didn't touch any of that. What's happening when you try?

Touching either TC banner, or TC main page takes me to forum headings.

If I hold TCmain page I can get to open, but only on a new tab.

Edited by b40rt

45 minutes ago, b40rt said:

Touching either TC banner, or TC main page takes me to forum headings.

If I hold TCmain page I can get to open, but only on a new tab.

The TC Main Page button on the menu bar works fine for me, but I'll try it in different browsers later. The logo link I always have to hack whenever I change things so that's an easy fix I've just done. It should now direct to the main site.

• Thanks 1

I am having trouble looking at the NEXT forum page or clicking on a forum page number ,( it will show a loading icon but it does not seem to load )  however if I go back to the main forum page and select a page number it will open it !!  Thanks for all you do for us !!Cheers Gordon