Sherco air filter install

weta106

3 hours ago, weta106 said:

Is there a easy way to install the air filter . It’s a bit of a nightmare to locate the bolt hole and there is not much room for your hand , is there a trick to this or pure luck , was p****** about for 15min with this **** .

What year?  Rear tanker?

Mine is a 2016 model, I presume that’s the type you are talking about. I put mine back in with the air box / mudguard assembly off the bike, that way if you look down the link pipe you can see if the bolt is going into the right place. It’s still a pain to do but slightly easier. I also put a washer on the bolt, it stops the screw binding on the air filter and makes it easier to turn it with the limited space in the air box. 

Edited by topline620

• 2 weeks later...

I have a girlfriend with small hands, that helps for sure. But besides that, I modified the backside of the airbox, so i can install the air filter from that side.  And replaced the bolt for a modified one with a butterfly nut.

The new opening is not big enough to install the filter from that side, but it helps a lot though. 

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00275.jpg