monty info from new owner

pumacad

can some one tell me how often to change the oils and filter on a 2014 monty ,As this is my first monty im not quite sure how often it need to be done ,

Also when i go to insure the bike on a compare site it come up with a different model EG Honda ruck 250 scooter but allows me to scroll down to the monty  also noticed the log book just says Honda no model type just red color and vin/frame no and engine  no is this correct as i know that the dvla has made mistakes in the past ,as other trials bike i have had in the past come us with make and model on compare site 

The manuals and parts listings are on line... 

I used to use 5w40 in the engine/gearbox and ATF dextron II or III in the clutch. Oil filter for the engine is inside of the stator casing.(left hand side).. You might want to get a new gasket before you start as it may rip when the casing comes off. It tends to split where the rubber grommet is. I used to stick the torn bit back down with a small dab of non hardening gasket seal. Both oil drains are on the left hand side. The gear lever will need to come off and the sump plate if you want to avoid a mess!... There's a dip stick for the engine oil... I think it's about 600ml for an oil and filter change in the book but think it was 660ml once it had been checked. Run the bike up for a few minutes then let it stand upright for 3 mins and check the level. Just unscrew the dipstick and push it in rather than screw it in to check the level. Clutch is  550ml I think..no dipstick on clutch. I used to change oils every 4 rides or so but can't remember what the manual says for  intervals. 

Mine is a Honda MRT on the log book so give that a try. As for the oils, really depends on how much and how hard it is ridden. Once or twice a week then I'd change the engine oil every 6-8 weeks and the filter every 12.. If your putting a lot of hours on it then change the oil every 4 and filter every 8. Use a good quality MOTORCYCLE OIL, I use motul 300v factory line 5w40. As for the gearbox, change it every 12 weeks, and I use the same oil. Its designed to be used in wet clutches on superbikes, so it should handle the mont OK. I've gone through 1 clutch pack in 12 years. 

Edited by jrsunt