Evo 300 4T fuel issue

markbxr400

Hi, my solenoid failed... Seized and shorted out internally which caused flooding and a slow running fan. I took it apart but there's nothing that you can do with it really. New solenoid for a 2013 was £120 I think... I machined an adapter plate and fitted a fuel tap directly to the tank outlet. Bike runs fine. Still floods if it's been on its side but no different to my sons 2014 4t with a working solenoid. We find on both bikes that if it doesn't restart after a couple of kicks then it will if you keep the throttle wide open. 

8 hours ago, thall1 said:

Hi, my solenoid failed... Seized and shorted out internally which caused flooding and a slow running fan. I took it apart but there's nothing that you can do with it really. New solenoid for a 2013 was £120 I think... I machined an adapter plate and fitted a fuel tap directly to the tank outlet. Bike runs fine. Still floods if it's been on its side but no different to my sons 2014 4t with a working solenoid. We find on both bikes that if it doesn't restart after a couple of kicks then it will if you keep the throttle wide open. 

Thanks.  Kinda thought it was toast.  Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I ordered a manual in-line petcock.  I installed it this morning.  Worked out pretty well.  I found a hanger bolt that sits in a pretty good spot for attaching the petcock.  I had to get a longer bolt and a small spacer to fix the petcock in this spot.  At least now I can positively shut the fuel off and eliminate my fuel tank from draining.

IMG_3068.JPG

Edited by markbxr400