bash plate bolt size

bondy

Appears the two rear bash plate guard bolts are 08x20mm.  These are different than the o8x16mm they show for earlier years.  The difference being the bash guard itself.  Do you have the smooth bottom bash guard with no curled edges, or is yours the curled edge style?  If you do have one for a 2007, it is supposedly the non curled edge type, and takes the 20mm long rear bolts.

The fronts I am not sure of.  The part number does not code in the diameter and length.

All four bolts use nylon locknuts.

Fuel tank bolts are 05x40mm, however the proper bolts are washer heads built into the button head bolt style, and are possibly stainless, like the subframe bolts.

Hello Pmk yes mine is a 2007 and it has the curled bash plate i did read on hear some where it was the latter scorpa 08 that had the flat bash plate? also only so many had the flat bash plate as it was more expence to make them for some reason so may be mine ment to have the curled bash plate it is an original bike from what i can see its not had a hard life. 

Edited by bondy

Interesting, how certain are you that yours is a 2007?  The 06 shows a curved bash plate while the 07 is the flat type.  Also, I thought, but could be wrong, 07 was the first year of the yellow spring.

40 minutes ago, bondy said:

where abouts are you? is that M8x 16 ?

I am in the USA.  Since you have the curved bash plate, later today, I can measure my own bikes front bolts for you.

Yes, the number would be M8x??

not round the corner then:P yes ive checked the frame number defo 2007 however i havant checked the engine number but am pritty certon its matching but you never know. i have the bike partly striped down for servic and freshen up the silancer is off how dose the middle secton come off is it bolted ?

1 hour ago, bondy said:

PMK did you get the chance to see what size the bash plate bolts was? also do you have any idea how the middle Exhaust comes off with out looking am not in the work shop to look

Shortly I will measure,  Yesterday was crazy and I fell asleep before checking.  Check back in two hours.

The exhaust mid box is a slip fit onto the head pipe.  Mine was a bear to get apart as carbon had built up on the head pipe where it sits inside the mid box.  Took some silicone spray so as not to trash or swell the o rings, then carefully, and patiently was able to seperate the two.  Once apart, use Scotchbrite and solvent to completely remove built up carbon.  Then on reassembly, I use silicone grease, also known as Di Electric grease at tne auto parts store.

I also use the silicone grease for the silencer to mid box joint.  Taht allows easier removal of the entire subframe with silencer still attached.

bolts on order with a few other bits am debating to repack the silencer but the bike dose run well so may leave it for now but then again the bike its partly striped down so may just get it done i was going to cut it open and do the repacking then take it to be welded up.