2016 Beta Evo 4T Carb Breather.

chappo

A perfect example of when you should not take a carb off/apart when your tired.

Took my Mikuni BSR carb off my 4T to give it a routine clean.

No problem, stripped cleaned, put it back on only to be left with one question.

Theres an elbow on the throttle side of the carb that exits from the carb body at the top near the diaphragm , probably half inch in diameter. It appears to be a breather elbow that runs directly into the carb, just below the diaphragm . It looks like a breather pipe should connect but I can’t see one on the bike thats become disconnected . When it’s on the bike the elbow is tucked right out of the way and hardly visible. Has something come off mine that I havent noticed. It doesn’t look like it can be left open as it would allow water and muck into the carb.

What should connect to the elbow guys, I’m ? stumped. Can’t find a diagram anywhere to check it. Could be it needs a cap on it.

Could any 4T owners please just have a look at their carbs when they have a moment and check what , if anything connects to it. It would be a great help.

7F19E6FF-1354-4D3D-A637-9EB5AA410263.jpeg

Edited by chappo

Hi Chappo,

This tube should be closed by a elastic rubber (the OEM one is really bad, easily cracked and lost).  Its mission is to equalize pressure in multicylinder engines.  Just plug a closed hose and go.

Cheers

JM

Thanks JM, it is possible it’s flicked off when I was wrestling with it, getting it out.??

Ill have a good luck around the work area where I was, but I’ll replace it with a stronger replacement cap.