Evo Clutch side additional weight

geeman

I am trying to find an added weight for the clutch side of my 2016 300 Factory Beta I am led to believe that the UK Beta's have this weight installed on the primary gear on the clutch side . any information would be helpful ?? thanks

Thanks guys for the info I will check it out . I wonder if the weight is a press fit onto the primary gear and has anyone removed the weight to make it a little more responsive It seems a lot to have to replace the complete primary drive !!

oni nou Thanks for the tip on holding the gears !!! I am wanting to do the opposite as in , adding a weight to my primary gear I see where you can purchase a complete primary package ,I would like to be able to just apply the weight to my own primary gear . I know now that the weight cannot be ordered as a separate item , so I had wondered if I could find someone who may have removed it . ( without just machining the whole weight off ) by perhaps pressing it off .  I will also ask Dan what he knows .

Damn a banana daiquiri sounds really good about now. As Mr. Nou has said it’s a solid machined piece. As for the non-weighted one it’s got no flange or provision for adding weight so you’re pretty much screwed there. On older Betas you used to be able to buy a weight that bolted to the ignition flywheel. If you have the inverted flywheel with the stator mounted to the outer cover that option is a non-runner too.

Thanks again for the input guys !! I have no interest in buying a new bike , I am very happy with mine all I want to do is add the clutch side weight ,and see how it works . I also would suggest that the new Super Smooth has more done to it to have it perform like a 40 year old  . I doubt adding 25 ounces will turn my fire breathing Factory 300 into a 40 year old !!

• 2 weeks later...

I have confirmed that the primary side weight is an added weight . I assume it is added by Beta for certain models ,( Mostly for the UK market) and I know that they (Beta) do not sell it as a separate item . also the added weight is a different material and not hardened like the primary gear .   So now all I need to do is find a used one and transfer it to my primary gear !!

Fortunately a friend of mine posted these so I can see the new ones do appear to be a press fit so yup I was wrong again. I’d still be very wary of a DIY solution for this. Good luck though. I hope you can find a solution that works for you but this might be one case where it’s better to spend the money and buy the factory parts.

53A710C0-B33B-427A-9D36-3026F7667C11.jpeg

5B0CA001-F58C-49A1-B6BA-C4A0D760D787.jpeg