Looking for info on a gas gas txt 280 2007

Brand0n

Hi guys, just looking for some advice if possible please. I'm looking to start trials at the age of 19 I come from a downhill mtb racing background and would like to try this out on the side for abit of fun, I've previously rode a sherco 290 a handful of times. I have been offered the gas gas 280 2007 pictured at £1500 has recently had brakes bled and car re buikt claims to be well looked after, I'm just looking for some advice on what to look out for? or if there is any other brands, model or year people would recommend for starting out? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Brandon.

received_1620568311312591.jpeg

received_1620568577979231.jpeg

received_1620568577979231.jpeg

received_1620568454645910.jpeg

received_1620568491312573.jpeg

I have two similar bikes; I have a 2008 TXT300 and my son has a 2008 TXT280. Both were bought used. We are just recreational riders. I've had no issues with either bike. Just respect that the bike is 11 years old and treat/maintain it accordingly. I found that the linkage (aka "dog bone") bearings were in poor shape and needed replacement. So just be prepared to strip in down and lube surfaces/bearings and tighten fastners. Replace all fluids.

One issue which you may experience is that unless you religiously follow the starting ritual - second gear/clutch out/roll back until compression/clutch in/kick firmly - you'll hate it. :)

Dale