New Bike

animal1806

Hello,

I am looking at treating myself this year to a new bike, finally got the wife to agree that it is time for a new one :lol:. I currently ride a 2006 Beta REV 3 and can't decide what to go for next. I like the 2018 Factory Sherco and the Vertigo, but then there is also the TRS, GasGas and new Beta's. So many choices I just after peoples opinions on what they ride and what they think. I have just moved up to Intermediates. 

Thanks

The best answer is ride as many of them as you can if possible then get the one that gels with you the best.  

Other than personal preference you really can't go wrong with any of them in my opinion.  

On a more personal preference note... I am a 4T guy so love my Montesa for EFI, plush ride and power delivery.   Would love to try a Beta 4T for comparison but don't have any around and haven't run into anyone with one at an event.  

My wife has a Gas Gas 2T so having played on it a bit I would say that if I was going to consider a 2T I would want to try a Vertigo because I love EFI, and would also want to give a TRS and a current Sherco a go before making a call as I haven't been on any of them.  But wouldn't hesitate to get a Beta if that was all that was available.  

Have nothing against Gas Gas as they are good bikes, just not my favorite because I am not fond of the way they shift from 4th to 5th.  

this probably doesn't really answer your question but hope it's food for thought.

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 1

I came from 2 different Gas Gas bikes, 250 Raga & Racing Pro, both amazing. Now on a Vertigo Ice Hell 300, can't see myself without EFI EVER again. Wicked bike!

You're soo lucky - so many excellent bikes available.

And BLESS YOUR WIFE for "agreeing" that you need a NEW bike!

Run to the shop!

QUICK!!

Had same situation last year. Been running 4RT's for years but wanted to look around. Tried RR300,TRS, Gasser, and 4T Beta but decided on 250 Vertigo for ease of ride and EFi. The hardest thing is to actually choose as they are all more brilliant than I'll ever be. As always, ride them all, then decide.

Thanks for your input. The more I am reading up on these bikes the more I am being draw to the Vertigo. The only problem is I live in the south and there are no local dealers. The only thing putting me off is servicing the bike. I can do minor repairs but bigger jobs I usually get done where they know what they are doing. Are they very reliable? Oh the choices, never thought it would be so difficult picking my next machine. Think I need to find somewhere that allows test rides. :shutup:

10 hours ago, animal1806 said:

Thanks for your input. The more I am reading up on these bikes the more I am being draw to the Vertigo. The only problem is I live in the south and there are no local dealers. The only thing putting me off is servicing the bike. I can do minor repairs but bigger jobs I usually get done where they know what they are doing. Are they very reliable? Oh the choices, never thought it would be so difficult picking my next machine. Think I need to find somewhere that allows test rides. :shutup:

Thats what made me go for the TRS, so easy to work on and well made.  I have only ridden the 250 and decided to go for a 300 secondhand from Johnlee ,couldn't be more pleased with the bike and the service from them. The vertigo in my opinion is too expensive and seems to be having a lot of problems. 

Edited by dwb5151

35 minutes ago, dwb5151 said:

Thats what made me go for the TRS, so easy to work on and well made.  I have only ridden the 250 and decided to go for a 300 secondhand from Johnlee ,couldn't be more pleased with the bike and the service from them. The vertigo in my opinion is too expensive and seems to be having a lot of problems. 

Like jonnyc21 said: ride as many as you can.

I used my Vertigo every weekend during the last year and didn't have any problems. And no need to clean carbs...

On 07/03/2018 at 7:44 PM, dwb5151 said:

Very good service from John Lee in my experience.