1993 Fantic KeyRoo 212 - Help?

nathanh777

Yikes! Forehead kissing is not allowed in NZ, tis only for Orcs and Hobbits' Outer length is the sheath, or casing. The inner length is the multi-strand cable, the inner cable, with a nipple centre to centre of 1090mm. (OK then, the overall cable length) Bye, Peter B.

And just as I expected - tranny full of gasoline from the carburetor. Drained and filled with full synthetic 5w30. Will run a bit and flush a few times over. For some reason though, I tried to fill the Coolant from the top fill cap above the radiator and it will not drain in to the radiator. So now I squeezed in to the cap from the Coolant Reservoir to fill The coolant. Why will the radiator not take any coolant from above?

Fixed all the issues created by the previous owner. Pulled the clutch apart re-lubed and roughed up the discs and slapped it back together. Fresh oil and correct size clutch cable thanks to you all! The bike is now running like a raped ape! Now to move on to the electrical with the lights. They quit working. I will chase the wires, and ensure that the radiator fan is working. You are all so wonderful and I really appreciate the help!

On 3/9/2018 at 10:16 AM, nathanh777 said:

And just as I expected - tranny full of gasoline from the carburetor. Drained and filled with full synthetic 5w30. Will run a bit and flush a few times over. For some reason though, I tried to fill the Coolant from the top fill cap above the radiator and it will not drain in to the radiator. So now I squeezed in to the cap from the Coolant Reservoir to fill The coolant. Why will the radiator not take any coolant from above?

Coolant cannot flow to a full cavity. It was air locked. Most systems have an air bleed. You could always bleed from the thermostat in the head. I till think it is strange that you have a clutch cable. If you looked at that manual it only showed the hydraulic parts, no clutch arm on the engine either.

Glad to see that waif of a Fantic in good hands.  I had put the ad up over on ADVs Trials forum, that's how I recognized it.  If it weren't so far away, I'd buy the 2 YSR50s that the seller had also.  B)

Link to the ADV post, look halfway down the page -

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/craigslist-trials-finds.817109/page-44

Edited by brewtus
Wrong link