(HELP!)BETA REV 3 06 SLOW RETURN TO IDLE ISSUES

mattmahon10

Is the twist-grip free to rotate, or is there any mud under the grip..?  If you release the twist-grip it should snap back to idle, and you should hear a 'clonk' from the slide in the carb.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, scifi said:

Is the twist-grip free to rotate, or is there any mud under the grip..?  If you release the twist-grip it should snap back to idle, and you should hear a 'clonk' from the slide in the carb.

Yeah I can hear the clonk back at the carb. After reading this ive stripped the throttle twist grip and cleaned it all up. It hasnt solved the main problem but least i can rule that one out.

Hi all,

The saga continues unfortunately.
Ive removed the flywheel and renewed the crankshaft seal and then tried it without and with the flywheel weight to see if it makes any difference. Unfortunately the bike is still taking way too long to return to idle after giving it some revs (Trying this all in neutral).

Im toying with the ideal of just swapping the whole carb out to see if that'll make any difference. Probably a like for like mikuni.
Again im all out of ideas

Maybe you are just trying to be too good.  As you say you are trying it in neutral, it will be completely different in a section, where there is some resistance to overcome.   At the moment there is no resistance, so if your engine is well run-in there is very little friction to slow the flywheels.   What are you expecting to slow the rotation down..?

On 3/9/2018 at 9:27 PM, thall1 said:

its probably running too lean.... just richen up the bottom end a little at a time and see if it helps....

the air screw doesnt seem to adjust much at all. Im running a 150 jet, would you recommend changing a jet? if so which one and size?

31 minutes ago, scifi said:

Maybe you are just trying to be too good.  As you say you are trying it in neutral, it will be completely different in a section, where there is some resistance to overcome.   At the moment there is no resistance, so if your engine is well run-in there is very little friction to slow the flywheels.   What are you expecting to slow the rotation down..?

I will post a video of the issue tomorrow. And ill let you tell me if im overreacting because as i say i dont really know how these things are meant to run. Ive always been a road biker 

If your adjusting the mixture screw around the position it is now and it's not doing much then it's probably wound too far out to have any effect on idle. Try adjusting the mixture screw in (or out depending if it's an air of fuel screw) until the revs reach their highest then adjust the tick over back to where you want it

the idle mixture screw will have no effect because the engine is running rich from the main jet bleeding a small amount of fuel. when u pull the throttle u move the needle out of the main jet. and the engine runs on a combination of the idle circuit and the main circuit. when the throttle is released the needle jet has to fully plug the main jet or the engine will display all the symptoms u are talking about. because its running partly on the main with the needle jet not positively held u can never tune the carb.

2 minutes ago, mattmahon10 said:

Where would i check this?

Blast carb cleaner through every orifi, in every direction. Strip carb right down anx remove petrol/air screw and pay particular attention here.