CDI UNIT

bondy

hello All the CDI UNIT on my bike is right on the top off the carb iv'e noticed its stopping the carb going into the reed block all the way is this Normal? there is a slot on the reed block and a lug on top off the carb to push into but the CDI UNIT is stopping it going any more forward? any help would be good. cheers bondy.;)

Bondy, you are not wrong or crazy about the CDI.  My best advice, go to the ADVRider website, in the trials section I started a SY250R topic.  In that topic I posted all sorts of photos, including repositioning all the electrics next to the carb.  If you look close, the capacitor mount is wrong and the subframe bolt will be trashing the capacitor.

Thes SY250R are a decent machine, but some stuff is really cobby unless you sort it out.

• Like 1

I spent a bunch of time on positioning the stuff.  Assumed my bike was as delivered, and if so, I certainly changed it for an easier fit.

Be sure to check and relocate the capacitor.

what is the capacitor? is it the metal box behind the cdi unit? its really tight in there not much room to play with ill have a closer look at your photos on the forum. I have put the Air box and everything back but I only did this to get an idea how things fit. this is brand new for the scorpa syIMG-20180131-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.143df801c063265b09a85e8ecdb7842f.jpeg

Edited by bondy
photo

Capacitor, the round cylinder shaped item, black in color with a rubber sleeve it sits within.  Mounts onto the subframe tab.  On my SY the subframe screw was in hard contact with the capacitor.