Monty 4ride oil ?

afk40

Hi guys.i have a 4ride and i recently changed the engine n gearbox oils.putoline oils where used for both..this is the first change from wat was in the bike from new.. now my bike lurches a bit when you engage gear and its very hard to fund neutral when the bike us running...could it be down to the oils used..its ver near impossiple to find neutral..once ye turn the engine off you can do it no bother... any ideas please..

Without a doubt it could be the oil used.  I would change the gearbox oil for something like Maxima 75 or GRO extream 75 if you don't want to go expensive ELF.  Most other oil's are going to be a lot thicker than the Montesa was designed for.  

I have heard both work well in the Montesa but only have experience with ELF or Maxima 75.  Maxima works good but I do like the ELF just a little better.  

Good luck.  

the fluid in the clutch hose has broken down at the slave cylinder. if u look thru the inspection windows for the brake and the clutch u will notice the clutch is murky and u cant see thru the inspection window because the clutch side heats up and kills the dot 4 brake fluid. and u loose hydraulic pressure to open the clutch adequately the transmission gets notchy and hard to shift and find neutral because the clutch is dragging. my 4rt did this at around the first month of playing in the backyard. u have to use a brake bleed tool attached at the clutch slave bleed nipple and pull fresh dot 4 thru till it comes thru clean. u will then have a clutch working better than new , the bikes are delivered with fluid already contaminated from age. I found I like to change the clutch hose fluid about every month when I'm riding a lot and that is barely enough to keep it fresh. 

Wow that seems extreme, I only seem to need master fluid change once a year and my clutch is still fine when I do it.  

Maybe I just don't push my bike as hard?

On a more productive note, you are correct.  If the fluid is compromised it could be the cause of pore clutch action for sure.