Swm 125 engine rebuild info

aonejames

Hi, the standard bore is 54.0 mm so if the piston you have is 61.7 mm, it's been well overbored. It's not a PeCo (?) modded engine is it ?

They used a Suzuki 185 piston to up the CC's to 200 or there abouts. Are there any other obvious engine mods visible ? A sandwich spacer on the timing side for example.

Brownie001....did you not read the post with all the info on the 200 PECO conversions ????

All the parts used were Rotax, the 62mm piston is used in the 175 enduro bikes.

They didn't at any time use a piston from a 185 Suzuki, which incidentally is a 64mm bore.

I do seem to recall that this piston was used to convert some of the early 125 Fantics. I had in my possession years ago, a Fantic top end with one fitted and a reed valve conversion.

Edited by motoswm

Hi Martin, I'm afraid I missed the 200 PECO post you mentioned. I'll take a look at it though and give it a thorough read.

Don't know where I picked up the Suzuki 185 info from either, all a very long time ago and looks like I have got some wires crossed.