I've used alpinestars for many years and really liked them but haven't used the new model. 

Which brand of trials boots has the most toe protection, and/or strong shank, is what I would like to know.....tired of bruises

1 hour ago, hannon said:

I've used alpinestars for many years and really liked them but haven't used the new model. 

Which brand of trials boots has the most toe protection, and/or strong shank, is what I would like to know.....tired of bruises

Hannon,

Everything I have seen indicates that the AlpineStars are the best for support at the shank/sole, they are also some of the better ones for toe protection as well. 

I hear that the Sidi has good toe protection as well, however I think the AlpineStars is actual the same or better based on what I saw when I compared the Sidi's but the boot size was to small on the Sidi for me try them so I don't know for sure.  The boot would be stiffer than a true trials boot but you might consider the sidi discovery rain boots as they are based on the Sidi trial zero boots but a little stiffer for ADV riding.  

Good luck.

Any more views on the Forma Boulders? Just saw an ad for Forma boots on one of the local bike shop’s bookface page... look the part. Any use? All dry riding here...🔥🔥🔥🔥

Cheers.... look like they’re worth a punt. All dry and dusty here... but no stranger to the saddle soap or the dubbin. Was looking at pics, reviews and a video on revzilla... looked like a decent boot. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, miner said:

Cheers.... look like they’re worth a punt. All dry and dusty here... but no stranger to the saddle soap or the dubbin. Was looking at pics, reviews and a video on revzilla... looked like a decent boot. 

One big + for me, although not found I need it, is they also do a 'waterproof insert'..........which, on a multi day WET trial might be a bonus. (as I say, my feet have remained dry all the times I've worn mine, and that has involved scrabbling about in stream beds, when I've dropped montesa.....:lol:)

• Haha 1

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, brownee said:

Looking at new boots...

Ive had 2 pairs of Formas and dont rate them... get what you pay for I guess.

Got some Gaernes which were great but now pretty nakerd.

Looking at Stylemartins or Sidis maybe.... any feed back? Could save a few quid with these or should I stick with with the Gaernes??

Cheers.

If you have 43/9 SIZE feet  there are a pair of seconhand but brand new RED/BLACK  Alpinestar no stops on Ebuy £100 ish ...a good boot

https://youtu.be/gtWuiHyeG3I

Edited by oni nou

How do trials boots stack up size wise vs shoe size / other boot size?  Some Context:

- Most Shoes / Trainers: UK 9 (8.5W really...) - also did they swap the euro charts? 43 = 9 still?

- Sidi Road/Race - 10.5/44.5

- A* Road/Race - 9/43

- A* Enduro (T10) - 10.5/44.5

- Wulfsport - 10

Mail order could be tricky... carrying back fairly bulky... 

13 hours ago, Farseer15 said:

Revzilla has a lot of nice riding boots like the TCX Fuel WP Boots. 

Not much protection for shins or lower leg, more of a road boot.

• Like 1

Chris has had a few Boots in his time and is buying a New Pair of Sidi Trials Zero Raga replicas to replace his old Sidi Trials zero Raga replicas. The only downside his the sole is not replaceable.