Bluetooth ECU

jsp

I'm just wondering if anyone has got there hands on the new bluetooth ecu 

set up, and fitted it yet and if it fits the older bikes ok, and if its worth the money ? 

Edited by jsp

19 minutes ago, oni nou said:

I imagine its worth having if your Jorge Casales's  Minder/Mechanic while looking after his specific needs while riding the WTC rounds, but for anyone else its a twiddly thing that's not necessary.... if it made a significant difference being able to change the mapping in every gear on a trials bike then James Dabill would have won the World Championship when he was the teams No 1 rider, he has the Talent. Before I Phones and apps arrived; I remember people got on fine without having a speedometer in their pocket or being able to turn their toaster on in their terraced house in Manchester  while they  holiday in Dubai [the new Blackpool] Probably better to use the money for that to buy some of Swedens new crytpo-currency and then take a trip out to Dubai "A neon lit Pop pleasure zone that could be anywhere".

It's not radical though, a bluetooth control to alter the bike's tuning parameter's

I have a Specialized eMTB and I can control battery life,power curves,route mapping and the ability to come home with 10% battery power remaining on a set route, by an app on my phone, it also measures distance covered and speeds and if displayed, on the bars......... can give me turn by turn directions

All done by bluetooth to control and motor and very smart it is too

No reason why Trials bikes can't have fully smart phone app bluetooth controlled ecu's - without spending £100's on PTB on a Mont 

Should all be on there in the first place......... on bikes costing £5-6000

Edited by johnnyboxer

16 minutes ago, heffergm said:

The GET ecu, which is what Vertigo is moving to, has been around for some time. And yes, it has an app that pairs with the ecu via bluetooth to allow control of anything that floats your boat.

Just like my electric mountain bike.............easy-peasy nowadays

Edited by johnnyboxer

14 minutes ago, oni nou said:

The difference between the two is that your E mtb  app has a worthwhile purpose...........some of people I have seen on Vertigos have been beaten by more experienced riders that are competing on twinshock carbed bikes which would says to me its going to be just for twiddling......which is great ....I do a lot of twiddling its my favourite thing to do,but a box of tissues costs a lot less than a GET  WiFI box.

It's cheap, give the trials rider it if he wants it..... in time he'll be able to remotely start his bike from the comfort of his van/car and be ready to ride at a trial

Pedal cycles have come a long way, now we have ebikes which the rider can 'tune'

Why not trials bikes, if it makes the rider happy - he will buy it

Who cares if the bloke in the next van beats him on his Pre65 Cub,.............mr modern will have enjoyed his 'trick' bike 

4 hours ago, oni nou said:

Don't get me wrong I totally agree people should live their lives and buy the things they want to .......the only trouble is he's not buying it......not until some one else buys it and does a free review .first.

Within 5 years bluetooth ecu programming and tuning with efi  will become commonplace on new Trials bikes

While it looks flash an ex Vertigo owner has pointed out that the previous bikes had 3 or 4 maps you could select by pressing a button. Now you need to get your phone out which will take longer and you could damage the phone or run out of battery.

Wasn't the previous system more practical? 

The 2016/2017 bikes had only one actual map. The 4 select function was set up to provide the fuel/air ratio as a bit richer than standard, a bit more richer and then a leaner ratio on the 4th position for high altitudes such as up in Andorra or up in't Dales. Bye, Peter B.

This GET system can not be retro fitted to pre 2018 bikes.

It's a relatively easy install and works very well. For anyone wanting a closer look the GET App is a free download from the ITunes Store and other places, (search WiGET) and there is a demo mode and manual available within the app, so you can tool around on a "virtual" bike to see how it works.

It offers diagnostics, hour meter, tuning and a bunch of other stuff. We have only had the units for a couple of weeks, but it seems clear and simple. The Fuel and ignition tuning has parameters both + and - so in theory you can't lean it out to detonation levels, or do anything stupid.

Diagnostics is a huge step forward. It's why I wouldn't buy one, like many I don't have time to drive back to the dealer if it doesn't run properly or won't start. Especially if it's at a trial and you have to retire.

Needs to be standard then I might think about one again.

On 14/03/2018 at 3:02 PM, johnnyboxer said:

It's cheap, give the trials rider it if he wants it..... in time he'll be able to remotely start his bike from the comfort of his van/car and be ready to ride at a trial

Pedal cycles have come a long way, now we have ebikes which the rider can 'tune'

Why not trials bikes, if it makes the rider happy - he will buy it

Who cares if the bloke in the next van beats him on his Pre65 Cub,.............mr modern will have enjoyed his 'trick' bike 

Ah...now then where’s that screwdriver thingy.