Beta 125 evo any good?

hrmad

Considering getting a trials bike again, I've had a rev 3 before, not familiar with evos. Thinking about a 2016 factory model, any common faults/ things to look out for? What sort of price to pay for a good condition used bike?

Thanks 

In recent years, the Beta seems to have been the most popular 125. I've had a 125 Beta in the past and compared to other 125s it had more bottom & mid-range power.

If you look at the 2017 A class standings, the top 3 & 6 of the top 10, all rode Beta, so they must be doing something right.

• Like 1

I moved to a 125 Evo last month, having been on a Scorpa SR280 for the last three/four years. I don't feel I've traded away any advantages. I find I can ride any section in first or second, the motor feels to have a good "range". Third is perfectly usable given enough space. Feeling my way round tight turns is easier than on the bigger bike. I can also whack the throttle open at the bottom of a steep bank, knowing I can reach the top without risking over-doing it as on a bigger bike - good for the confidence.

I don't think of it as a 125, just a trials bike with certain advantages. The type of bike which teaches you that the marks you lose are mostly due to lack of precision, not power.

Another way of thinking about this is that I ride sections which are broadly similar to those at the harder end of pre 65 trials. All of those trials are won by Cubs or Bantams, hardly bikes with bucket loads of power, cos you don't need that.

Edited by cleanorbust
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, dan williams said:

EVOs are sweet if not too ugly for you.?

Don't like the 2018 models, the 2013 to 2016 models looked good though. The new factory bikes look nice too, should have a white or blue frame though.

A lovely twinshock has come up locally, so I'm going to go down that route this time. Thanks for everyone's input.