Sherco 300 ST Factory Suspension Setup Help

greski

After many hours searching the web and these pages I've noticed that there was not much information on what the standard settings should be for the Reiger Rear Shock / After Contacting Reiger , Friendly staff helped me with my Shock Manual once i sent them my Serial.

These are the recommended settings for the Reiger 2 way (even though its 3 including Spring) shock that comes with the 2018 300 ST Factory.

The standard adjustment for your shock will be:

Compression: 20 open.

Rebound: 35 open.

Preload: 8mm.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here are the settings that work best for me so far. I weigh 72 Kg with Gear.

Compression 20

Rebound 38

Preload 8mm

From Fully Turned clockwise / Compression (Purple Dial) 20 clicks anti clockwise from fully closed clockwise (bought the Reiger Tool online) makes it easier to get to the Dial /

Rebound (tight squeeze at top of shock with a very small screw driver) Hard to see with the Frame , Buts its there , Just check at the top of the shock mount and under the subframe. 

Preload 8mm

(would like to see this accessible while the bike still has its plastics on) Future Plans Sherco !!!

I thought id post these settings for other users so that they could add information about how they setup their bikes and also to compare what the standard settings are from factory Sherco/Reiger themselves /

My Factory 2018 300 was nowhere near the recommended settings from Reiger just to point out.

The Fork was also Not set to standard settings /

Here Are the standard settings for the Tech Fork

Compression 16 - 22 clicks (depending on outside Temperature)

Preload is set at half way from fully closed clockwise /

---------------------------------------------------

I sent Pat Smage a message on Youtube to which he responded , But only gave the basic settings for what he adjusted on his 2018 Factory Sherco.

Pat went 2 clicks to the right on his Shock and Made the Compression Softer on his Tech Fork.

Pats a serious rider and if you watch his videos You'll see how good his skills are / and how well the bike behaves while hopping and splatting !

I'm waiting for word back as regards his current settings.

If any of You guys could help out with this Topic please add some information / I'm sure there would be a lot of Sherco owners our there happy to have the information all in one place.

Thanks Greski.

Trial_HL_manual.pdf

Edited by greski
Updating Manual
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought a set of those Reiger C-Spanners and replaced the 70N spring with 72.5N, then 75N and finally settled with 80N spring on my previous GasGas TXT 280 Racing for my 200 pound rider weight with Reiger shock. Sold the GG over a year ago, but still use those C-Spanners on many different spring preload adjusting collars.

Would love to know PS settings using Tech forks and Rieger shock.  New TRS with this set up and it appears that even with the spring wound off on the shock there is no sag?  Also agree with backing the fork compression off, Haven't checked my out now for factory settings but will be taking compression off for sure.  Please let us know the PS settings if you get them, it will be interesting to see his preference. 

Pat Replied on Youtube /

Highlighted reply
Fork: Preload 5 turns out Damping 19 clicks out Shock: Rebound 38 clicks out Preload 8mm Compression 9 clicks out Looks like your compression is quite a bit different, might be worth a try. Stay tuned for a video on this coming soon. Thanks, -Pat

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, greski said:

The standard adjustment for your shock will be:

Compression: 20 open.

Rebound: 35 open.

Preload: 8mm.

Hi @greski, do you know if these settings are for that shock across all bikes or specific to the Sherco? I'm after the same information for my Vertigo.

Cheers

22 hours ago, Ricki mcvey said:

Hi @greski, do you know if these settings are for that shock across all bikes or specific to the Sherco? I'm after the same information for my Vertigo.

Cheers

Hi Ricki , The settings Compression 20 open , Rebound 35 open , Preload 8mm are from Reiger themselves and I had to email one of their engineers for those settings , but Sherco Settings for the bike are COMP 10 - 11 Open , REBOUND , 35 Open , PRELOAD 8mm

After toying with the Compression between 10 - 20 i found that hopping the rear wheel at 20 open was much easier in tight sections , at 10 i found it not quite bouncy enough , However the bike seems to stick to logs better when hit aggressively at Compression 10 open (or Out as some say , and this means fully closed clockwise and then count clicks out anticlockwise on all adjusters , 

At the moment I'm at 16 Out on Compression from closed and 38 Out on Rebound from closed fully right and Preload standard at 8mm and it seems to be good for my weight (70kg) with gear/  and it seems a fair compromise between the 2.

I test the adjustments 2 clicks at a time starting from stock. so 10 - 12 - 14 and so on.

If you look at Pat Smages bike setup on YouTube you can see his settings and a good explanation / Which is pretty much stock Sherco Settings /

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80IvV-jZYi0

Hope this helps a bit.

On 6/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, paulconstruction15 said:

Hi how you all getting on with you 2018 Shercos FST I have the 300 seems to pink a bit on big hill or a long blast ( I can’t keep up with my lad on his 125 Factory 2016 ).

What Ratio are You running ? There are numerous Threads on here as regards 2 Stroke mix ratio , And with members that have a lot more experience with Sherco bikes , Ive only had 2 300ST Factory's  so far 2017 - 2018 and for both

I just go with Sherco Manual recommendation of 100ml of fully synthetic Two Stroke Oil (I use iPone Fully synthetic , Seems good) to 5 liters of Petrol 95 octane minimum.

I have run at 75ml of oil to 5 liters of petrol also and noticed little difference , I'm sure Professional riders would notice tiny alterations and probably run lean, However I would prefer it to be rich than lean personally ,

I'd go with the Manual 100ml to 5 liters

Thanks @greski

Reiger just got back to me too with the following settings: Compression 10 open, Rebound 35 open, Preload 8mm.

All pretty close to the Sherco/Pat Smage settings. Will see how it feels and start testing adjustments the same way you did. 

Thanks for the info :) 

4 hours ago, Ricki mcvey said:

Thanks @greski

Reiger just got back to me too with the following settings: Compression 10 open, Rebound 35 open, Preload 8mm.

All pretty close to the Sherco/Pat Smage settings. Will see how it feels and start testing adjustments the same way you did. 

Thanks for the info :) 

Let us know how you get on Ricki , Would be interesting to hear Your setup for the Vertigo and Reiger Shock and what You find suits You.

• 6 months later...

Its great you have found this out and made it easier to suss  , by starting adjustments from scratch or zero . But I still  dont understand the 8mm "pre - load" bit . And what about the forks , Or have I missed them bits  ?cheers . Just found forks bit  . But still 8mm preload on rear shock ?

Edited by Carl Brown
Found text

The 8mm is the space between the shock spring collar/ring , if you look at the ring on the shock with the teeth , that gap should be 8mm between the ring and the shock, hope this helps , it’s also set at factory at 8mm , as regards the forks if you look at the top of the thread you’ll see the settings we’ve been discussing , hope this helps ???

03175DE7-B2C0-4F86-BFA1-C49801ECF4A9.jpeg

On 4/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Carl Brown said:

Its great you have found this out and made it easier to suss  , by starting adjustments from scratch or zero . But I still  dont understand the 8mm "pre - load" bit . And what about the forks , Or have I missed them bits  ?cheers . Just found forks bit  . But still 8mm preload on rear shock ?

Niceone , got the 8mm bit now , thanks !?

On 4/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Carl Brown said:

Niceone , got the 8mm bit now , and about the forks . Cheers .